Subject: [multimob] PIM at MAG vs multicast service

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:26:17 -0600

Hi all,

I have been reading the thread on
WG adoption call on draft-zuniga-multimob-pmipv6-ropt

unfortunately the discussions are no longer on
draft-zuniga-multimob-pmipv6-ropt which is on providing multicast
service and are very confusing to follow basically because somehow the
discussions have been diverted to another draft
(draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-07)  which is (among other
things) on PIM at MAG.

I suggest that we resolve the issue at hand, i.e.the adoption call first.

Afterwards I suggest that the authors of
draft-asaeda-multimob-pmip6-extension-07 issue another draft and
clearly explain PIM at MAG idea and present it in the next meeting.
This should enable us to see if PIM at MAG is a routing solution to
the tunnel convergence problem.

The use of terms like local routing is becoming a big source of
confusion in the mails and in the drafts. Please note that in Netext
localized routing is used to mean MAG to MAG routing instead of the
regular MAG to LMA routing as in draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr. Staying
away from such terms is a way of avoiding confusion because maybe we
don't need to use this term in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Behcet