Subject: [multimob] draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-01

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:27:49 -0600

Hi Carlos, authors,

Some initial comments on your draft:
Section 4.2 states that two new flags are defined but Flag A is not used in
the line.

Subscription Query/Response messages: why not use the Update Notification
message in draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-00?

Why is it necessary to define messages other than PBU/PBA from MAG to LMA,
i.e. Act Ind?

Regarding Figs 1 & 2, and also the Flag A, MLD Done is only in MLDv1 and
has been removed from MLDv2, check Appendix B in RFC 3810.

MLD Done was mimicking IGMPv2 Leave message which is not mentioned in IPv4
support.

The fact that MLD Done (or IGMP Leave) no longer available in SSM makes me
question the A Flag. How could LMA sustain a valid value of the A Flag?
OTOH, A Flag is only used for optimization, as shown in Figure 6.
Would it be possible to not define A Flag and use S Flag?

Regards,

Behcet