Subject: [multimob] I-D Action: draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:42:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multicast Listener Extensions for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 Fast Handovers
	Author(s)       : Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Rajeev Koodli
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Dapeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   Fast handover protocols for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 define mobility
   management procedures that support unicast communication at reduced
   handover latency.  Fast handover base operations do not affect
   multicast communication, and hence do not accelerate handover
   management for native multicast listeners.  Many multicast
   applications like IPTV or conferencing, though, are comprised of
   delay-sensitive real-time traffic and will benefit from fast handover
   execution.  This document specifies extension of the Mobile IPv6 Fast
   Handovers (FMIPv6) and the Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
   (PFMIPv6) protocols to include multicast traffic management in fast
   handover operations.  This multicast support is provided first at the
   control plane by a management of rapid context transfer between
   access routers, second at the data plane by an optional fast traffic
   forwarding that may include buffering.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/