Subject: [multimob] I-D Action: draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 10:29:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : Juan Carlos Zuniga
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Seil Jeon
                          Younghan Kim
	Filename        : draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2013-05-03

Abstract:
   The MULTIMOB group has specified a base solution to support IP
   multicasting in a PMIPv6 domain [RFC6224].  In this document, some
   enhancements to the base solution are described.  These enhancements
   include the use of a multicast tree mobility anchor as the
   topological anchor point for multicast traffic, as well as a direct
   routing option where the MAG can provide access to multicast content
   in the local network.  These enhancements provide benefits such as
   reducing multicast traffic replication and supporting different
   PMIPv6 deployment scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 11:25:09 -0500

Dear Authors,

There is an issue with this text in Section 3.1:

Similarly, more than one MTMA could be
   deployed by the operator, for example to serve different multicast
   groups (not shown in Figure 1).  This would require support for MLD
   proxy with multiple interfaces [I-D.ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04#ref-I-D.ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source>],
   [I-D.contreras-multimob-multiple-upstreams
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04#ref-I-D.contreras-multimob-multiple-upstreams>],
   [I-D.asaeda-pim-mldproxy-multif
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-04#ref-I-D.asaeda-pim-mldproxy-multif>].

As I mentioned to the authors, one I-D is missing in the list.
But more importantly, it is not clear if multiple MTMAs is normative or
informative. I think it is better to make in informative because otherwise
these I-Ds need to be listed in the normative references list.

So, please remove the above text from Section 3.1 and instead put it into
Appendix A and do not forget to make Appendix A informative.

Once multiple interface support with MLD proxy is cleared out in IETF, you
are welcome to submit a separate draft on multiple MTMA support with a
clear explanation how it would work for tunnel convergence
Regards,

Behcet

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> multimob mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob
>