Subject: [multimob] Last Call: <draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-06.txt> (Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:17:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multicast Mobility WG (multimob)
to consider the following document:
- 'Multicast Mobility Routing Optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A base solution to support IP multicasting in a PMIPv6 domain is
   specified in [RFC6224].  In this document, some enhancements to the
   base solution are described.  These enhancements include the use of a
   multicast tree mobility anchor as the topological anchor point for
   multicast traffic, as well as a direct routing option where the MAG
   can provide access to multicast content in the local network.  These
   enhancements provide benefits such as reducing multicast traffic
   replication and supporting different PMIPv6 deployment scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-ropt/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2075/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2074/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1723/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2077/