Subject: [multimob] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06.txt

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 19:14:29 +0200

Hi folks,

we have eliminated the sub-clause objected by Cong ... the draft should 
be fully ready for WGLC, now.

Thomas

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Thomas C. Schmidt and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source
Revision:	 06
Title:		 Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) 
Domains
Creation date:	 2013-10-19
Group:		 multimob
Number of pages: 26
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06

Abstract:
    Multicast communication can be enabled in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains
    via the Local Mobility Anchors by deploying MLD proxy functions at
    Mobile Access Gateways, via a direct traffic distribution within an
    ISP's access network, or by selective route optimization schemes.
    This document describes the support of mobile multicast senders in
    Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains for all three scenarios.  Protocol
    optimizations for synchronizing PMIPv6 with PIM, as well as a peering
    function for MLD Proxies are defined.  Mobile sources always remain
    agnostic of multicast mobility operations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:17:57 -0500

Thanks Thomas for the revision.

Let me read it and then we will issue a WGLC.

Regards,

Behcet

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Thomas C. Schmidt <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> we have eliminated the sub-clause objected by Cong ... the draft should be
> fully ready for WGLC, now.
>
> Thomas
>
>
> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-**source-06.txt
> Filename:        draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-**source
> Revision:        06
> Title:           Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6
> (PMIPv6) Domains
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-**drafts/draft-ietf-multimob-**
> pmipv6-source-06.txt<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06.txt>
> Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/**doc/draft-ietf-multimob-**
> pmipv6-source<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source>
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-**
> source-06<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06>
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?**url2=draft-ietf-multimob-**
> pmipv6-source-06<http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-06>
>
> Abstract:
> ______________________________**_________________
> multimob mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/multimob<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob>
>

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:49:15 -0500

Hi Thomas, authors,

Here are my comments on this draft. You can take it as part of WGLC
comments. WGLC will be issued shortly.

abstract and introduction
selective route optimization schemes - add using multicast tree mobility
anchor or multicast capable LMA

Figs 1 & 2  - change their placement and reformat, this may lead to the
whole figure in one page

Sec. 3.2.2 - to enable multicast data
   transition from an MN  - replace transition with transmission?

Sec. 3.2.3.1 sending
   PIM registers to the RP - this is explained in Sec. 4.3.2, add pointer

RPF (Reverse Path Forwarding) - Reverse Path Forwarding (RPF)

BIDIR PIM - BIDIR-PIM

Sec. 3.2.4
the multicast
   routing information base (MRIB) of the MAG - I thought this was not
possible? later on seems to be clarified in Sec. 4.3 & 4.4 (I mean
according to our face-to-face conversations in the past?)

Sec. 3.2.5
There is no mechanism to suppress upstream
      forwarding in the absence of receivers. - this is solved in Sec. 5,
add a pointer to the section that brings some solution

Sec. 4.3 4.4 & Fig. 3 (b)
 see comment above on PIM at MAG

Sec. 4.3.6 should be subsection  of 4.3.5?

Sec. 5.3 Operations at the Multicast Sender - the operation described here
is not performed by the MN which is the multicast source/sender, so clarify

same in Sec. 5.4. Operations at the Multicast Listener

Sec. 5.4
ASM with IGMPv3/MLDv2  - why not have this discussion in the first case,
i.e. ASM with IGMPv2/MLDv1?

Fig. 1 caption is too long - shorten it and carry the text to Sec. 3.1.

In the abstract,
This document describes the support of mobile multicast senders - This
document describes an experimental protocol to support mobile multicast
senders

Regards,

Behcet