Subject: [multimob] Last Call: <draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-05.txt> (PMIPv6 multicast handover optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:13:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multicast Mobility WG (multimob)
to consider the following document:
- 'PMIPv6 multicast handover optimization by the Subscription Information
   Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)'
  <draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an experimental multicast handover
   optimization mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6 to accelerate the
   delivery of multicast traffic to mobile nodes after handovers.  The
   mechanism is based on speeding up the acquisition of mobile nodes'
   multicast context by the mobile access gateways.  To do that,
   extensions to the current Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol are proposed.
   These extensions are not only applicable to the base solution for
   multicast support in Proxy Mobile IPv6, but they can also be applied
   to other solutions developed to avoid the tunnel convergence problem.
   Furthermore, these extensions are also independent of the role played
   by the mobile access gateway within the multicast network (either
   acting as multicast listener discovery proxy or multicast router).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.