Subject: [multimob] Last Call: <draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-07.txt> (Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Domains) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:53:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multicast Mobility WG (multimob)
to consider the following document:
- 'Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Domains'
  <draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Multicast communication can be enabled in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains
   via the Local Mobility Anchors by deploying MLD proxy functions at
   Mobile Access Gateways, via a direct traffic distribution within an
   ISP's access network, or by selective route optimization schemes.
   This document describes a base solution and an experimental protocol
   to support of mobile multicast senders in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains
   for all three scenarios.  Protocol optimizations for synchronizing
   PMIPv6 with PIM, as well as a peering function for MLD Proxies are
   defined.  Mobile sources always remain agnostic of multicast mobility
   operations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.