Subject: [multimob] I-D Action: draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 04:38:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Listener Extensions for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 Fast Handovers
        Authors         : Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Rajeev Koodli
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Dapeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-04.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2014-03-16

Abstract:
   Fast handover protocols for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 define mobility
   management procedures that support unicast communication at reduced
   handover latency.  Fast handover base operations do not affect
   multicast communication, and hence do not accelerate handover
   management for native multicast listeners.  Many multicast
   applications like IPTV or conferencing, though, comprise delay-
   sensitive real-time traffic and will benefit from fast handover
   completion.  This document specifies extension of the Mobile IPv6
   Fast Handovers (FMIPv6) and the Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
   (PFMIPv6) protocols to include multicast traffic management in fast
   handover operations.  This multicast support is provided first at the
   control plane by a management of rapid context transfer between
   access routers, second at the data plane by an optional fast traffic
   forwarding that may include buffering.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:01:34 -0700

Hi

Thanks for posting this much improved version. I have some comments on
this one too though. Can others in the WG please also see if they are
happy with this latest one?

Here are my minor comments.

Mark it as an update of RFC5568.

Typo in 4.1.2: indicatior

IN 4.2.2 it says:

    The PMAG then waits for receiving the Multicast Acknowledgement
    Option(s) with a HACK message (see Section 5.4) and the creation of
    the bidirectional tunnel with NMAG.

Better language to write "wait until it receives"?

Also:

    It SHOULD start forwarding traffic down the
    tunnel interface for those groups an MLD listener report was
    received from NMAG.

Add "for which"? "For those groups for which an MLD"...

5.2:
In most of the document you use FBACK and HACK, but here you refer
to them as FBAck and HAck.

Appendix A:
You write "In this section", but perhaps say appendix?

Remove change log? Not that useful in the RFC I think.

Stig

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 22:53:40 +0100

Hi Stig,

thanks for looking at the details carefully!

All should be fixed in the present submission.

Thomas

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:30:21 -0700

> All should be fixed in the present submission.

Thanks for the quick response! Can others in the WG please see if they
have any issues?

I'll request publication as soon as all the authors have stated whether
they are aware of any IPRs. Only missing one author and we're good to go.

Stig

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:56:04 -0000

To avoid any doubt.

I (gorry) do not claim any IPR rights for this document, and transfer all
my rights to the IETF.

Gorry