Subject: [multimob] RFC 7287 on Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Domains

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7287

        Title:      Mobile Multicast Sender Support in 
                    Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Domains 
        Author:     T. Schmidt, Ed.,
                    S. Gao,
                    H. Zhang,
                    M. Waehlisch
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 66766
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7287.txt

Multicast communication can be enabled in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6)
domains via the Local Mobility Anchors by deploying Multicast
Listener Discovery (MLD) proxy functions at Mobile Access Gateways,
by using direct traffic distribution within an ISP's access network,
or by selective route optimization schemes.  This document describes
a base solution and an experimental protocol to support mobile
multicast senders in PMIPv6 domains for all three scenarios.
Protocol optimizations for synchronizing PMIPv6 with PIM, as well as
a peering function for MLD proxies are defined.  Mobile sources
always remain agnostic of multicast mobility operations.

This document is a product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC