Subject: [multimob] [Errata Verified] RFC7161 (4146)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 06:58:06 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7161,
"Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast Handover Optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7161&eid=4146

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-10-28
Verified by: Brian Haberman (IESG)

Section: 4.2.2.1

Original Text
-------------
4.2.2.1.  Proxy Binding Update Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBU message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |           Sequence #          |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |A|H|L|K|M|R|P|S|   Reserved    |            Lifetime           |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                          Mobility Options                     .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
4.2.2.1.  Proxy Binding Update Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBU message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |           Sequence #          |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |A|H|L|K|M|R|P|F|T|B|S| Reserved|            Lifetime           |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                          Mobility Options                     .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
There is a mistake in the flags portion of the PBU/PBA messages ?
It seems to be overlapping with flags defined in RFC5845. RFC5555. Both the specs were published many years before RFC7161. 

Binding Update Flags

Registration Procedure(s)
Standards Action or IESG Approval
Reference
[RFC5213]
Available Formats

CSV
Flag 	Value 	Reference 
A	0x8000	[RFC6275]
H	0x4000	[RFC6275]
L	0x2000	[RFC6275]
K	0x1000	[RFC6275]
M	0x0800	[RFC4140]
R	0x0400	[RFC3963]
P	0x0200	[RFC5213]
F	0x0100	[RFC5555]
T	0x0080	[RFC5845]
B	0x0040	[RFC6602]
S	0x0020	[RFC7161]

RFC 5845:

6.2.  Proxy Binding Update Message Extension

   This specification extends the Proxy Binding Update message as
   defined in [RFC5213] with the new TLV-header format (T) flag.  The
   new (T) flag is described below and shown as part of the Proxy
   Binding Update message as in Figure 3.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                      |          Sequence #           |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |A|H|L|K|M|R|P|F|T|  Reserved   |           Lifetime            |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

RFC 7161
4.2.2.1.  Proxy Binding Update Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBU message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |           Sequence #          |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |A|H|L|K|M|R|P|S|   Reserved    |            Lifetime           |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                          Mobility Options                     .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

--------------------------------------
RFC7161 (draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast Handover Optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)
Publication Date    : March 2014
Author(s)           : LM. Contreras, CJ. Bernardos, I. Soto
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Multicast Mobility
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG