Subject: [multimob] [Errata Verified] RFC7161 (4147)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 06:58:45 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC7161,
"Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast Handover Optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7161&eid=4147

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-10-28
Verified by: Brian Haberman (IESG)

Section: 4.2.2.2

Original Text
-------------

4.2.2.2.  Proxy Binding Acknowledgement Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBA message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |    Status     |K|R|P|S| Rsrvd |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |           Sequence #          |           Lifetime            |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                        Mobility Options                       .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------

4.2.2.2.  Proxy Binding Acknowledgement Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBA message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |    Status     |K|R|P|T|B|S|Res|
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |           Sequence #          |           Lifetime            |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                        Mobility Options                       .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
There is an error in the flags portion of the PBA.

Binding Acknowledgment Flags

Registration Procedure(s)
Standards Action or IESG Approval
Reference
[RFC5213]
Available Formats

CSV
Flag 	Value 	Reference 
K	0x80	[RFC6275]
R	0x40	[RFC3963]
P	0x20	[RFC5213]
T	0x10	[RFC5845]
B	0x08	[RFC6602]
S	0x04	[RFC7161]

RFC5845:

6.3.  Proxy Binding Acknowledgement Message Extension

   This specification extends the Proxy Binding Acknowledgement message
   as defined in [RFC5213] with the new TLV-header format (T) flag.  The
   new (T) flag is described below and shown as part of the Proxy
   Binding Acknowledgement message as in Figure 4.

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                      |    Status     |K|R|P|T|   Res |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |           Sequence #          |           Lifetime            |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

              Figure 4: Proxy Binding Acknowledgement Message

RFC 7161

4.2.2.2.  Proxy Binding Acknowledgement Message

   As result of the new defined flag, the PBA message format is updated
   as follows:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                     |    Status     |K|R|P|S| Rsrvd |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |           Sequence #          |           Lifetime            |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |                                                               |
     .                                                               .
     .                        Mobility Options                       .
     .                                                               .
     |                                                               |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

--------------------------------------
RFC7161 (draft-ietf-multimob-handover-optimization-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) Multicast Handover Optimization by the Subscription Information Acquisition through the LMA (SIAL)
Publication Date    : March 2014
Author(s)           : LM. Contreras, CJ. Bernardos, I. Soto
Category            : EXPERIMENTAL
Source              : Multicast Mobility
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG