Subject: [netmod] anyxml

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:22:11 +0200

Hi,

if I use "anyxml data;", can the XML chunk inside <data> ... </data>
contain any elements or attributes with the namespace of the module,
i.e., the same namespace as the <data> element?

Lada
 
-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:17:10 +0200 (CEST)

> i.e., the same namespace as the <data> element?

Sure.  There are no restrictions on the XML inside an 'anyxml' node.

/martin

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:50:51 -0700

> Sure.  There are no restrictions on the XML inside an 'anyxml' node.

This particular feature is available throughout the YANG constructs.
Even though 'anyxml' cannot be augmented, it can contain any namespace.

Any other non-leaf node can be augmented from another module (and
therefore another XML namespace).  YANG has implicit augment-ability.
In XSD, the 'substitutionGroup hack' (ala yangdump) is needed to
manually identify all the 'augment points' within the subtree.

> /martin

Andy