Subject: [netmod] unique

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:49:43 +0100

Hi,

what happens if a leaf which is included in "unique" statement is
optional and has no default? Two interesting cases:

1. The leaf is not present in two or more list items.
2. It is present in one item and absent in another

For the purpose of uniqueness check, in 1 the (missing) leafs should be
considered equal and in 2 distinct.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:33:37 +0100 (CET)

> considered equal and in 2 distinct.

See the thread 'unique-stmt', from a couple of weeks ago.

The idea is that instances that are missing some optional leafs are
not checked for uniqueness.  I will add text according to the
discussion in that thread to -04 (which will be submitted this week).

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:05:42 +0100

> See the thread 'unique-stmt', from a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

> not checked for uniqueness.

Does it mean that (1) the "unique" statement is entirely ignored or that
(2) only those list entries that have the full tuple are taken into
account?

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:07:21 +0100 (CET)

> (2) only those list entries that have the full tuple are taken into

It means (2).

/martin