Subject: [netmod] WG LC comments

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:40:47 -0700

I'm a bit late with my LC comments (mostly in part because 2 weeks to
review such a huge document is quite an undertaking when other work
requires my attention too).

In short, I think the document is quite well written (well above the
IETF average), so congratulations on and thank you for that!

Since WGLC ended last Friday and I'm writing this on Wednesday, I'm
not going to type up my misc comments (none of them critical) unless
they're still desired.  Let me know if you still want them, and I'll
type up what I have.

-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:13:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Wes,

> they're still desired.  Let me know if you still want them, and I'll

I would very much like to get your comments, unless the chairs have
another opinion.  I'm still working through the list of other
comments, and I haven't responded to all of them yet.

/martin

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:45:11 -0700

> comments, and I haven't responded to all of them yet.

me too.

IMO, WGLC deadlines are not that important because you
can just raise the same comments in IETF Last Call anyway.
Any problems with the draft should be identified and
resolved ASAP (not ALAP  ;-).

> /martin

Andy

---

From: David Kessens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:08:00 -0700

Andy,

> can just raise the same comments in IETF Last Call anyway.

While you can do that, you run the risk that the working group will
tell you that you have had your chance as an active participant of the
working group.

As for this particular last call, it was clear that a revision is
necessary and comments that the last call period was a bit short for
such a long document did not go unnoticed so I don't see any reason
why we should not welcome any comments at this point.

> resolved ASAP (not ALAP  ;-).

And with this I fully agree ;-).

David Kessens
---

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:34:27 -0700

>>>>> On Wed, 20 May 2009 12:08:00 -0700, David Kessens <[email-masked]> said:

DK> While you can do that, you run the risk that the working group will
DK> tell you that you have had your chance as an active participant of the
DK> working group.

And that's what I was worried about :-)  I'll go type them up though now...