Subject: [netmod] Empty deviation

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:45:16 +0200

Hello,
What does an empty deviation statement mean?

      deviation /base:system/base:name-server ;

According to the draft this is legal. Is this just stupid and we don't care or should we 
prohibit it? Maybe we should make the cardinality of the deviate statement 1..n instead of 0..n.
Balazs

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 22:05:04 +0200 (CEST)

Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> According to the draft this is legal. Is this just stupid and we don't care or
> should we prohibit it? Maybe we should make the cardinality of the deviate
> statement 1..n instead of 0..n.

Yes, this is a bug.  The ABNF grammar is correct though - it requires
at least one deviate statement.  I will change the text to 1..n as you
suggested.

/martin