Subject: [netmod] Information about a phone call tomorrow (Thursday)

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:00:15 +0200

Greetings,

I apologize for the cross-posting, but it seems necessary in this case.

The chairs of NETCONF and NETMOD are trying to find a good way forward from 
the current discussions around default handling in NETCONF and NETMOD.  In 
order for us (the chairs) to understand what the issues are, we've asked some 
of the primary participants if they'd be join a conference call to help us 
understand the issues better.  This call will take place tomorrow (Thursday, 
Sep 24) for two hours from 22:00 CET (16:00 East Coast U.S., 13:00 West Coast 
U.S.).

This is _not_ an "interim" of any kind, simply the chairs trying to get input.  
No decisions will be taken during the meeting.  Any suggestions that might 
come out of the discussions will be published, discussed, and decided upon on 
the NETCONF and NETMOD mailing lists, of course.

The issue at hand is default handling, which some think is broken and others 
do not.  We as chairs need to determine if there is any common ground so we 
can move on.

Others are welcome to participate in the meeting.  If you want to call in, 
please contact me in advance of the meeting.

Two things about the meeting:

1. Prior to the meeting (please...), we would like each participant to write a 
short message to the four of us giving us your take on the situation.  As you 
see it, what are the issues where there is disagreement?  If you have 
concrete suggestions about what you think should be done to fix it, that's 
good, too.

2. All participants SHOULD be connected to jabber.  We're going to use it for 
floor control.  We will use the NETMOD jabber room:

Server: jabber.ietf.org
Room: netmod

The moderator will call on people who "raise their hand" in jabber.  
Otherwise, the call may be too chaotic to be helpful.  If you cannot use 
jabber, let me know.

Please let me know if you want to participate.

Cheers,

David, on behalf of NETMOD and NETMOD chairs