Subject: [netmod] yang-07 refinement-stmt

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:22:51 -0700

Hi,

7.12.2:

----------------------------------------------------------
bullet 1 is wrong: default cannot be changed, just added

OLD:

   o  A leaf or choice node may get a default value, or a new default
      value if it already had one.

NEW:

   o  A leaf or choice node may get a default value, or a new default
      value if it does not already have one.
----------------------------------------------------------

What is the point of allowing the mandatory-stmt for anyxml,
but not allowing it to be refined?

OLD:

   o  A leaf or choice node may get a different "mandatory" statement.

 NEW:

   o  A leaf, anyxml, or choice node may get a different "mandatory" statement.

Note that the existing OLD ABNF below matches the NEW text,
not the OLD text.

----------------------------------------------------------
All the other constructs that allow must-stmt
allow it to be refined -- except anyxml.
There is no explanation given.  IMO it should be allowed.

OLD:

   o  A leaf, leaf-list, list or container node may get additional
      "must" expressions.

NEW:

   o  A leaf, anyxml, leaf-list, list or container node may get additional
      "must" expressions.

----------------------------------------------------------

ABNF section:  add *(must-stmt stmtsep)

OLD:

   refine-anyxml-stmts = ;; these stmts can appear in any order
                         [config-stmt stmtsep]
                         [mandatory-stmt stmtsep]
                         [description-stmt stmtsep]
                         [reference-stmt stmtsep]

NEW:

   refine-anyxml-stmts = ;; these stmts can appear in any order
                         *(must-stmt stmtsep)
                         [config-stmt stmtsep]
                         [mandatory-stmt stmtsep]
                         [description-stmt stmtsep]
                         [reference-stmt stmtsep]

----------------------------------------------------------

thanks,
Andy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:14:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi,

Why can't a default be changed?

>    o  A leaf, anyxml, or choice node may get a different "mandatory" statement.

Fixed.

Fixed.

/martin

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 02:12:52 -0700

> Why can't a default be changed?

That is a deviation, not a legal change.
The default assigned in a grouping is no
different than a default in a regular leaf.

Andy