Subject: [netmod] identityref value

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:09:51 +0200

Hi,

yang-07 says the value of identityref type can be QName of ANY type
derived from identityref's base type. However, I think the selection
must be limited to the identities declared in the modules that the
server advertizes in <hello>, otherwise the server may not be able to
check/understand the value. So what's the rule here?

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:15:14 -0700

> check/understand the value. So what's the rule here?

Isn't it just an XML prefix inside the PDU?
There must be an xmlns attribute identifying the
module namespace, and there must be a capability in
the <hello> to match that namespace.

> Lada

Andy

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:35:13 +0200

> the <hello> to match that namespace.

Yes, but the prefix just points to a module where the identity is
supposed to be defined, but the server may not have access to this
module at run time.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:46:00 +0200 (CEST)

> check/understand the value. So what's the rule here?

Yes.

How about this:

OLD:

Valid values for an identityref are any identities derived from the
identityref's base identity.

NEW:

Valid values for an identityref are any identities derived from the
identityref's base identity.  On a particular server, the valid values
are further restricted to the set of identities defined in the modules
supported by the server.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:54:56 +0200

> are further restricted to the set of identities defined in the modules

Yes, this was my idea, provided that supported == advertized.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C