Subject: [netmod] yang-types-04 bug

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:21:09 -0700

Hi,

I was trying to compile this module with the version of
yangdump that is about to be released, and if complained
because the 'date-and-time' description-stmt is a
single-quoted string, and it contains 2 single quotes (device's).

YANG has no way to escape those quotes?  (I think not.)

Andy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:10:13 +0100

> YANG has no way to escape those quotes?  (I think not.)

Sorry for not catching this before posting the ID. I will fix this
problem in the next revision. I conclude for myself that using single
quote strings (that do not allow escape sequences) for textual
arguments is not a good YANG usage pattern.

/ks

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:41:18 +0100

> arguments is not a good YANG usage pattern.

Hmm, where does the draft say that an unescaped apostrophe
(single-quote) is illegal in a double-quoted string? It only says:

   A single quote character cannot occur in a single
   quoted string, even when preceded by a backslash.

IMO "'" represents a legal YANG string consisting of one single-quote
character.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:54:23 +0100

> IMO "'" represents a legal YANG string consisting of one single-quote

Oops, I misunderstood the problem, sorry for the confusion. Perhaps the
string "'" could be listed among the special strings in 6.1.3.1.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C