Subject: [netmod] Working Group Last Call: YANG - A data modeling language for NETCONF

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 09:43:10 +0100

Dear all,

This is a two-week working group last call on the current working group 
document:

- YANG - A data modeling language for NETCONF:  
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-09.txt

This WGLC will end on December 17, 2009.  Please review the document and post 
your comments on the mailing list.

Please use an appropriate Subject line so that the chairs and editor can 
easily keep track of the issues that need to be dealt with.

The chairs believe that we have reached the point of diminishing returns.  We 
can of course keep improving the current version but believe it is time to 
have a published stable version.  Thereafter, operational experience will 
give us the input we need to work on a version 2 at some later date.

Thanks.

David^2

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:11:32 +0100

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 09:43:10AM +0100, David Partain wrote:
 
> This WGLC will end on December 17, 2009.  Please review the document
> and post your comments on the mailing list.

Davids,

how strict are you going to be on the deadline? You know, the document
has ~180 pages, there was another overlapping NETCONF last call, it is
December, and the day still has only 24 hours... If you accept reviews
until lets say Dec. 28, then there is a chance to use the upcoming
holidays to read the whole text.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:36:20 +0100

> holidays to read the whole text.

Same here.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C