Subject: [netmod] netmod charter revision (version 2014-03-04)

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 14:43:48 +0100

Hi,

here is another charter text proposal based on the feedback received
on the mailing list and during hallway discussions at the IETF in
London. Please read and comment. We plan to resolve the charter
revision discussion tomorrow at the WG meeting. But please, if you
have issues with the new proposal, please raise them as soon as
possible (it is good to be aware of any issues before the meeting).

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:07:39 +0000

Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> All data models must be fully interoperable with implementations
> of NETCONF and YANG.
>

What is the purpose of this statement? In my view, data models that are valid YANG should satisfy this by definition.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 12:28:15 +0100

> What is the purpose of this statement? In my view, data models that are valid YANG should satisfy this by definition.

I tend to agree. This sentence was copied from the current charter...

Perhaps we can say explicitely in the second paragraph that data models
are written in YANG and then this sentence can be removed, that is:

s/developing data models/developing data models written in YANG/

/js

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 11:29:21 +0000

> s/developing data models/developing data models written in YANG/

+1

Lada

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:27:30 +0100

> possible (it is good to be aware of any issues before the meeting).

I have udpated the charter text based on the feedback received so
far. In particular, I have

- applied the fix posted previously to address Lada's comment
- fixed the wording in the milestones list
- added a pointer to YANG doctors so people know where to go
- checked the usage of NETCONF (and as part of that changed
  'planned work in NETCONF' to 'work in NETCONF')
- changed 'new data modeling concepts' to 'fundamentally new data
  modeling concepts' in the hope that this makes the intention a
  bit clearer

Benoit, you may want to upload this to the tracker so people can
easily see the diff.

/js