Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for SNMP Configuration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-snmp-cfg-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:06:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for SNMP Configuration'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-snmp-cfg-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-snmp-cfg/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a collection of YANG definitions for
   configuring SNMP engines.

   The configuration data model in particular targets SNMP deployments
   where SNMP runs in read-only mode and NETCONF is used to configure
   the SNMP agent.  Nevertheless, the data model has been designed to
   allow implementations that support write access both via SNMP and
   NETCONF in order to interwork with SNMP-managed management
   applications manipulating SNMP agent configuration using SNMP.

Working Group Summary

  Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For 
  example, was there controversy about particular points or 
  were there decisions where the consensus was particularly 
  rough?

  This document is a NETMOD Working Group document, adopted in
  2012-06-05. This document WG last call was completed on 
  Dec 20, 2013.   A number of comments were posted to the list
  and addressed in revision -04 of the draft. This version of the
  draft was reviewed by the WG chairs. We believe that it is now
  stable and complete.

Document Quality

  I polled the WG and NuDesign Technologies and Tail-F responded 
  indicating they have implementations of the MIB and have provided their 
  feedback.  A few other people indicated they have or plan to implement 
  the module, but did not want to be named or give details. 

  Martin and Jürgen are key Yang Doctors and provided sigifnicant review of
  the document as it progressed. Benoit felt that this was significant
  and thorough enough review to count as a Yang Doctor review. 

Personnel

   Tom Nadeau is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Benoit Claise is the responsible Area Director.