Subject: [netmod] yang-metadata issues

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:20:32 +0100

Hi,

below is the list of open issues regarding
draft-lhotka-netmod-yang-metadata-00. Please indicate your preferences,
or add your own issues if you have any.

1. Extension or built-in YANG 1.1 statement?

   The extension as defined in the I-D would work but if more than a
   handful of annotations are expected to be defined, it would be more
   effective to have "annotation" as a built-in statement in YANG 1.1.

2. JSON encoding of annotations - namespace

   Every annotation belongs to the namespace of the YANG module where it
   is defined. In XML, the namespace encoding follows the standard
   URI/prefix rules.  In JSON, it is currently required that every use
   of every annotation is prefixed with a namespace ID (module name). In
   accordance with the rules of namespace encoding in
   draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-01, it would be possible to omit the
   namespace ID if the annotation is defined in the same module as the
   parent node (i.e. the node that's being annotated). Does it make
   sense?

Thanks, Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C