Subject: [netmod] Work volume

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:52:54 -0500

I just wanted to make a general comment on the volume of work being
addressed by the working group.  This is also true of the netconf
working group.

During last week's meeting, we have numerous problems getting real
discussions going regarding current drafts and open issues.  It
seems like complex topics are best handled in these meetings, since
it gives them the widest exposure, not just to our normal cast of
characters but to members of other WGs as well.  When we have
JSON/I-JSON issues, we can get JSON WG characters to help.  Similar
for routing, etc.

So my suggestion is that we try to reserve this precious time to
issues we know are contentious or require more discussion.  We can
have draft authors submit the traditional "status" slides to the
mailing lists before the meeting to allow us to decide what discussions
are needed for the face-to-face meeting.

This is especially true since we seem to be stuck with Friday
meetings, which remove the opportunity to discuss these issues in
hallways and bars.

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:17:39 +0100

> JSON/I-JSON issues, we can get JSON WG characters to help.  Similar

I agree. Comments by Carsten Bormann to the yang-json draft were highly
useful and we probably wouldn't get them elsewhere.

Lada

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C