Subject: [netmod] [FWD] RFC 7405 on Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 08:36:43 +0100

Hi,

this might be relevant for the YANG 1.1 specification (no idea whether
someone updates abnfgen and friends to support the new syntax).

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

Subject: RFC 7405 on Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:58:51 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7405

        Title:      Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF 
        Author:     P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6668
        Updates:    RFC5234

        I-D Tag:    draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7405.txt

This document extends the base definition of ABNF (Augmented
Backus-Naur Form) to include a way to specify US-ASCII string literals
that are matched in a case-sensitive manner.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC