Subject: [netmod] yang 1.1 timeline / upcoming meetings

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:21:42 +0100

Hi,

the charters says that we should be done with YANG 1.1 by March 2015
(submit to IESG). This is not achievable anymore. What is achievable I
think is to have resolved all issues by the end of March so that we
can get into WG last call mode sometime in April/May.

One of the most complicated open issues remains conformance. We will
focus the next virtual interim meeting (2015-02-18) on conformance.
Note that there are two relevant I-Ds [1,2] and there are minutes of
the conformance discussions we had before at the interim meeting we
had in New York. To be effective, I like to ask people to come
prepared to the virtual interim meeting. We will have another virtual
interim meeting on 2015-03-04, a couple of days before the I-D cutoff
on 2015-03-09 and we have another allocated on 2015-03-18 should we
need it.

We (the NETMOD) chairs requested two meeting slots at the March IETF
meeting, one slot will be dedicated to the YANG infrastructure work.
If approved, we also have sufficient face-to-face time in Dallas. But
we should use this primarily as a backup and try to make as much
progress as possible before the Dallas meeting using our virtual
interims and the mailing list.

/js

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bjorklund-yang-conformance-problem-00
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bierman-netmod-yang-conformance-04

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>