Subject: [netmod] Clarification re system mgmnt module (RFC 7317)

From: Anees Shaikh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:05:05 +0000

The current system management YANG module depends on an associated
iana-crypt-hash module (also defined in the RFC).

My question is whether the iana-crypt-hash module should be considered part
of the standard model (I has assumed it was).

This confusion came about because in the YangModels github repo,
ietf-system is in the ietf/RFC directory, while the iana-crypt-hash module
is in ietf/DRAFT.   This presumes that the github repo reflects the
intended status of ietf modules, which may not be the case.

thanks.
-- Anees

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:30:36 -0800

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Anees Shaikh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This confusion came about because in the YangModels github repo, ietf-system
> is in the ietf/RFC directory, while the iana-crypt-hash module is in
> ietf/DRAFT.   This presumes that the github repo reflects the intended
> status of ietf modules, which may not be the case.
>

This is my fault for not keeping the github ietf folder up to date.
I will try to fix that ASAP. The RFC version should be in github.

> -- Anees

Andy

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 22:35:37 +0100

> intended status of ietf modules, which may not be the case.

RFC section 8 says that the iana-crypt-hash module belongs to IANA.

I tend to agree that the structure of the YangModels github repo is
confusing. Less structure would have been more, e.g., for everything
published:

	   yang/ietf
               /iana
	       /opendaylight
  	       /brocade
	       /yumaworks
	       /...

Simply one directory for the first 'token' in the module name. Easy
and fast for tools to search for acme-foo-bar. Unpublished modules
that are in the making go into a second tree with a similar structure.

Yes, if two organizations like to start their modules names with
'acme', then all these modules go into the same directory. So what.
And if people are too lazy to choose proper module names, they get
what they asked for. Easy.
		
/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 21:46:49 -0800

Hi,

The github YANG repo has been updated to fix this iana-crypt-hash.yang problem,
and update some other modules as well.

https://github.com/YangModels/yang

Andy