Subject: [netmod] yang 1.1 status summary

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:52:01 +0100

Hi,

here is where we are with the YANG 1.1 effort.

  | Status | Description                            | Count |
  |--------+----------------------------------------+-------|
  | NEW    | new issue                              |     0 |
  | DEAD   | issue has been rejected                |    26 |
  | OPEN   | open to discuss                        |     7 |
  | VRFY   | proposal to verify on the list         |     2 |
  | EDIT   | waiting for Martin to do the edits     |     3 |
  | REVIEW | waiting for the WG to review the edits |    21 |
  | DONE   | review has completed                   |     0 |
  |--------+----------------------------------------+-------|

Here is a more list detailing where I think we are with the issues
that are OPEN or that were moved to VRFY recently:

* VRFY :Y09: introduce optional keys <<Y09>>

  -> pending action JS (verify moving to dead on mailing list>)

* VRFY :Y16: module advertisement optimization <<Y16>>

  -> pending action JS (verify issue resolution on mailing list)
  
* VRFY :Y34: remove/deprecate/replace the 'anyxml' statement

  -> tons of emails due to its interaction with JSON encodings

* OPEN :Y18: fix "when" expression context problem

  -> pending action MB done, ready to discuss again

* OPEN :Y25: make enum numbering purely informative and optional

  -> pending verify action JS, new position Andy Bierman
  
* OPEN :Y26: allow mandatory nodes in augment

  -> we need concrete proposals how to relax the current rules

* OPEN :Y45: better conformance mechanism <<Y45>>

  -> we need to schedule a meeting with just this topic, could be
     2015-02-18; MB has written up an I-D, there is AB's I-D

* OPEN :Y57: non-unique leaf-list

  -> ready to be discussed?

* OPEN :Y58: associate actions with a data node

  -> JS to verify with NETCONF chairs that NETCONF is doing a NACM
     revision, then verify again on mailing list

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>