Subject: [netmod] Is it possible to change a list enty's key/keys?

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:26:33 +0100

Hello,
Is it possible to change a list entry's key or keys without deleting and 
re-creating the entry. Can the replace operation be applied somehow on 
key leafs?

I only found this in the mailing list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg01194.html
"

No, you are right, this is what Sec. 7.8.6 says. The edit-config
operations (including default-operation) probably must not be applied to
keys in any way. But it also means there is no way for changing values
of leafs that happen to be part of the key.

"

regards Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
Senior Specialist
ECN: 831 7320                        Tel: +36-1-437-7320
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909              email: [email-masked]

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:49:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

This is a protocol issue.  I am sending the reply to netconf as well.
New replies should remove netmod from cc.

Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible to change a list entry's key or keys without deleting
> and re-creating the entry. Can the replace operation be applied
> somehow on key leafs?

No.  This is an side-effect of the way edit-config works, where the
identification of *what* is changed it mixed with *how* to change it.

> of leafs that happen to be part of the key.

The last sentence says the same.

/martin