Subject: [netmod] ietf 92 high-level meeting summary

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 23:42:09 +0100

Hi,

here is a high-level summary of the NETMOD meetings this week.

  The NETMOD working group met twice during IETF 92. The YANG 1.1
  effort has been working on closing the remaining issues. A complete
  revised specification is expected to go to WG last call in
  April. The work on the YANG guidelines document update will follow
  once YANG 1.1 is stable. The JSON mapping will be revised and cover
  YANG 1.0 and 1.1.

  The data models worked on by the NETMOD working group (core routing,
  syslog, ACLs) are progressing with the authors primarily resolving
  review comments. Some routing data model related design issues have
  been resolved. A design team recently formed to work on a data model
  for physical components (based on the SNMP ENTITY-MIB) has met at
  the IETF. Additional working group discussions centered around the
  question how to classify and how to organize data models. Finally,
  work on a data model for Differentiated Services has been presented.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>