Subject: [netmod] yang:xpath1.0 values and JSON encoding

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:06:51 +0200

Hi,

since draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-04 describes a special mapping for 
instance-identifiers, I'm wondering about how to handle values which are 
constrained using the standard XML specific yang:xpath1.0 type or a 
derivative of it. I assume the same or similar rules should apply to any 
XPath expression that appears in a JSON instance, right? Perhaps this 
deserves mention in the I-D?

Jernej

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:20:36 +0200

>From the definition of the xpath1.0 type it seems clear that values of
this type must be "real" XPath expressions as specified in [XPATH]. The
necessary context info (including prefix bindings) has to be provided in
the description of the data node that uses this type. So this is OK even
if xpath1.0 values appear in JSON.

Instance-identifiers need a different approach because their context is
defined through "XML namespace scope" that is absent in JSON.

Lada

>
> Jernej
>
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C