Subject: [netmod] uses under choice

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:13:38 +0200

Hi,

YANG 1.1 will allow 'choice' under 'choice (see issue Y29), but is there
any reason for not allowing 'uses' under 'choice'?

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:17:56 +0200 (CEST)

> any reason for not allowing 'uses' under 'choice'?

If you have a grouping with N nodes (N > 1), expanding in directly
under a choice would create N cases.  Probably not what you wanted.
Or did you mean that the case name would be the grouping name?

I prefer to leave it as is.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 10:26:59 +0200

> On 21 Aug 2015, at 10:17, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Why not? One may want to define multiple short cases in the same grouping. The rules are clear.

Currently it is impossible to define multiple cases (short or long) in one grouping.

> Or did you mean that the case name would be the grouping name?

No.

Lada