Subject: Re: [netmod] leaf-list uniqueness requirement for non-config nodes

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 21:40:00 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hi -

>From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Oct 29, 2015 1:06 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [netmod] leaf-list uniqueness requirement for non-config nodes
>
>Hi,
>
>RFC 6020 say:
>
>   The values in a leaf-list MUST be unique.
>
>While this may have a justification for config true nodes (to allow
>modifications of individual elements using edit-config), this
>constraint does not seem to make much sense for non-config nodes.
>
>Note that YANG requires keys for lists for config nodes (to allow
>modifications of individual elements using edit-config) but it does
>not requires keys or uniqueness for for lists for non-config nodes.
>
>In order to be consistent, I think the above requirement should be
>changed to this:
>
>   The values in a leaf-list MUST be unique if the nodes represent
>   configuration.

How would this affect a model needing a leafref to the information?

Randy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 14:46:05 +0100

> How would this affect a model needing a leafref to the information?

How does a model reference a leaf in a key-less config false list?

I guess they both work the same way. ;-)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>