Subject: [netmod] comments on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata-02

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 21:04:14 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I have some comments on this draft.

o  Section 1 says:

      Each annotation is bound to a YANG module name, namespace URI and
      prefix. 

  I think you should remove prefix.  The prefix is just a local
  shorthand notation.

o  Section 1 says:

      Annotations are indirectly registered through IANA in the "YANG
      Module Names" registry [RFC6020].

  This is only true for IETF-defined modules; this should be
  clarified.

o  Section 1 typo:

   OLD:
      annotations cannot be attached to a whole list or leaf-list
      instance, only to individual list of leaf-list entries.

   NEW:
      annotations cannot be attached to a whole list or leaf-list
      instance, only to individual list or leaf-list entries.

o  Section 4

  The text says that the server is prepared to handle that annotation
  anywhere in any data tree.  I think we should add "... as defined by
  the annotation".

  For example, the annotation "last-modified" doesn't make sense in
  RPC input.

o  Section 4:

     Annotations modify the schema of datastores and/or management
     protocol messages, and may also change their semantics.

  I suggest s/schema/encoding/ in order to avoid confusion.

/martin