Subject: [netmod] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02.txt

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:29:52 +0000

Hi,

I've published an updated version of my proposed opstate solution.

The main change is that I've updated the requirements tracking section 
to explain how the draft implements the requirements specified in the 
most recent requirements draft.

I also documented the outline of a possible YANG Metadata based solution 
in an appendix that was a variant broadly proposed by Andy Bierman on 
the WG alias.

Thanks,
Rob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02.txt
Date: 	Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:20:52 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Wilton and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang
Revision:	02
Title:		"With-config-state" Capability for NETCONF/RESTCONF
Document date:	2015-12-21
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		24
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wilton-netmod-opstate-yang-02

Abstract:
    This document proposes a possible alternative solution for handling
    applied configuration state in YANG as described in draft-openconfig-
    netmod-opstate-01.  The proposed solution, roughly modelled on the
    with-defaults NETCONF/RESTCONF capability, aims to meet the key
    requirements set out in draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs-01 without the
    need for YANG module authors to explicitly duplicate configuration
    nodes in both configuration and operational containers.  This draft
    does not address the issue of co-location of configuration and
    operational state for interfaces, nor does it provide a NETCONF
    mechanism to retrieve operational data separately from configuration
    data.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

.