Subject: [netmod] Question about NFV modeling

From: De Noia Giuseppe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:16:45 +0000

Hi,
is it in the objectives of this group to address NFV modeling?
I mean modeling Network Services and Virtual Network Functions on boarding, deploying and in general  life cycle phases?

Thanks,
Giuseppe

_________________________________________
TIM
Giuseppe De Noia
Core Network & Infrastructures
Network Function Virtualization

Telecom Italia S.p.A.

+39 11 2288887
+39 331 6111197
Tim Official: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/TimOfficialPage> - Twitter<https://twitter.com/tim_official>
www.tim.it<http://www.tim.it/>

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.

[rispetta l'ambiente]Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non ? necessario.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:46:48 +0100

The WG charter says:

  The NETMOD WG may also develop any additional data models written in
  YANG that the WG considers core building blocks and that do not fall
  under the charters of other active IETF working groups. The NETMOD
  WG may simply add such milestones as it sees fit, with the advice
  and consent of the responsible AD.

In other words, data models done here must be considered 'core
building blocks' and they must not fall into the charters of other
active IETF working groups.

For any data model, it is essential that a critical number of people
familiar with the technology are involved. Perhaps you should take
this to the NFVRG as this seems to be the closest venue for this kind
of work in the IETF/IRTF space right now.

/js

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>