Subject: [netmod] NETMOD IETF 95 Slot Requests

From: Ashesh Mishra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 21:44:15 -0800

Hi All,

It¹s that time again.

Please reply to this email (with the information below) to request a
presentation slot in the NETMOD WG meetings at IETF 95  Buenos Aires.

Topic:
Draft:
Duration:
Presenter:

Thanks!
Ashesh

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 13:30:55 +0100

Hi Ashesh,

As people may have must noticed I just posted an update for
draft-lear-ietf-netmod-mud-01.txt.  Manufacturer Usage Descriptions
provide a means for device manufacturers to communicate recommended
network policies to the network.  They make use of YANG models as the
formal basis for the description.  I'd like to step through two drafts
in about 15 minutes and talk about how this stuff relates to other
work.  Note that one of the design goals was to take advantage of as
much existing technology as possible.  This means that for better or
worse, MUD is schmeared across all of the IETF.  I promise light
entertainment during the presentation, as well as addressing a serious
issue regarding IoT: how to reduce the threat surface of things.  With
that in mind:

Topic: Reducing the threat surface of Things with manufacturer usage
descriptions: Two YANG changes
Drafts: draft-lear-ietf-netmod-mud-01.txt,
draft-lear-ietf-netmod-acl-dnsname-00.txt
Duration: 15 minutes total
Presenter: Eliot Lear

Those of us working on MUD are actively seeking this working group's
help in improving the model, up to and including those who would like to
do major work and co-author.  No need to worry about a mud fight on this
one (cough).

Eliot

On 3/3/16 6:44 AM, Ashesh Mishra wrote:
> It’s that time again. 
> presentation slot in the NETMOD WG meetings at IETF 95 – Buenos Aires.
>
> *Topic*:
> *Draft*:
> *Duration*:
> *Presenter*:
>
> Thanks!
> Ashesh 
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod