Subject: [netmod] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 04:41:49 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 9: You could maybe add a sentence recommending
to not store security or privacy sensitive information
in annotations (unless it's really needed).

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:53:39 +0100

I propose to extend second paragraph in section 9 with the following
sentence:

It is RECOMMENDED that security-sensitive or privacy-sensitive data be
modeled as regular YANG data nodes rather than annotations.

Is this sufficient?

Thanks, Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C