Subject: [netmod] action and mandatory node

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:11:56 +0000

Given

container... list... action

with the usual twiddly brackets, and a separate mandatory data node
alongside the list in the top level container, is there a requirement to
include that mandatory data node in the XML RPC?

6020bis s.7.15.2 says

" The "action" element contains an hierarchy of nodes that identifies
   the node in the datastore.  It MUST contain all containers and list
   nodes from the top level down to the list or container containing the
   action.  "

which suggests, without quite clearly telling me, that it is only the
nodes in the direct path from the top level that have to be included,
not any off to one side in the tree.

If that is correct, I suggest

OLD
"It MUST contain all containers and list
   nodes from the top level down to the list or container containing the
   action.  "
NEW
" It MUST contain all containers and list
   nodes in the direct path from the top level down to the list or
container containing the  action (node).  "

Tom Petch

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:34:37 -0800

> container containing the  action (node).  "
The more precise term in YANG Xpath would be "ancestor data nodes"

> Tom Petch

Andy

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:50:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Tom,

> include that mandatory data node in the XML RPC?

No.

> not any off to one side in the tree.

Yes.

> container containing the  action (node).  "

I have applied your NEW clarified text.

/martin