Subject: [netmod] proposed change to WG IPR process

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:39:48 -0500

Hi,
    I'd like to propose that the WG follow the same process that I've
used in other WGs with respect to IPR polling.  In particular, that the
template included below be sent to all authors and contributors named in
a draft as part of:
1) WG acceptance (this is new for the WG), and
2) WG last call (only the template format is new)

Please send any concerns/comments you may have to the list.  We will
start using this process in about a week assuming no objections.

Thank you,
Lou
(new NETMOD co-chair)

The template is as follows:

To: <individual_emails_in_draft> <...>
cc: WG, chairs
Subject: Regarding IPR on <draft-netmod-...>

Authors, Contributors, WG,

As part of the preparation for WG Last Call

Are you aware of any IPR that applies to draft identified above?

Please state either:

"No, I'm not aware of any IPR that applies to this draft"
or
"Yes, I'm aware of IPR that applies to this draft"

If so, has this IPR been disclosed in compliance with IETF IPR rules
(see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669 and 5378 for more details)?

If yes to the above, please state either:

"Yes, the IPR has been disclosed in compliance with IETF IPR rules"
or
"No, the IPR has not been disclosed"

If you answer no, please provide any additional details you think
appropriate.

If you are listed as a document author or contributor please answer the
above by responding to this email regardless of whether or not you are
aware of any relevant IPR. This document will not advance to the next
stage until a response has been received from each author and listed
contributor. NOTE: THIS APPLIES TO ALL OF YOU LISTED IN THIS MESSAGE'S
TO LINES.

If you are on the WG email list or attend WG meetings but are not listed
as an author or contributor, we remind you of your obligations under
the IETF IPR rules which encourages you to notify the IETF if you are
aware of IPR of others on an IETF contribution, or to refrain from
participating in any contribution or discussion related to your
undisclosed IPR. For more information, please see the RFCs listed above
and
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/IntellectualProperty.

Thank you,
NETMOD WG Chairs

PS Please include all listed in the headers of this message in your
response.

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:59:37 +0000

Context: we already did the call for adoption on:

  draft-wilton-netmod-intf-ext-yang
  draft-entitydt-netmod-entity

And now we may want to verify IPR on them as well...

I for one think that it’s a fine idea and want to thank Lou for suggesting it.

Thanks,
Kent

On 3/10/16, 4:39 PM, "netmod on behalf of Lou Berger" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>netmod mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod