Subject: [netmod] YANG modules dependencies tool: result for the "Client/Server Configuration Model" package

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:23:40 +0900

Dear all,

Let's look at this "Client/Server Configuration Model" package, i.e. 
those drafts:
     draft-ietf-netconf-keystore-00 Keystore Model
     draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-client-server-00 SSH Client and Server Models
     draft-ietf-netconf-tls-client-server-00 TLS Client and Server Models
     draft-ietf-netconf-netconf-client-server-00 NETCONF Client and 
Server Models
     draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-client-server-00 RESTCONF Client and 
Server Models

During this week-end hackathon, Joe Clarke created a very useful visual 
tool.
For this package, see 
http://www.yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-tls-client&modules[]=ietf-tls-server&modules[]=ietf-ssh-client&modules[]=ietf-ssh-server&modules[]=ietf-restconf-client&modules[]=ietf-restconf-server&modules[]=ietf-key-store&modules[]=ietf-netconf-client&modules[]=ietf-netconf-server&orgs[]=ietf&recurse=&rfcs=1

Some info on the tool. You can add all the YANG modules you want, you 
can select the level of recursion, you can move the bubbles around, you 
can move the mouse over a YANG module to display the draft name, etc. 
 From there, you can see the bottleneck, i.e. the YANG module that 
should get our prioritized attention (the one with black circle). RFCs 
are in red (and there is a flag to remove them), and drafts are in 
green. See all options under the "graph options" pull down menu.

After selecting the right option, the conclusions are in the attached 
picture.

Un-selecting the "include RFCs" button provides even a clearer view: in 
this "package", ietf-keystore requires our attention.

Regards, Benoit