Subject: [netmod] RFC 8022 on A YANG Data Model for Routing Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 20:18:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8022

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for 
                    Routing Management 
        Author:     L. Lhotka, A. Lindem
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 115083
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8022

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8022

This document contains a specification of three YANG modules and one
submodule.  Together they form the core routing data model that
serves as a framework for configuring and managing a routing
subsystem.  It is expected that these modules will be augmented by
additional YANG modules defining data models for control-plane
protocols, route filters, and other functions.  The core routing data
model provides common building blocks for such extensions -- routes,
Routing Information Bases (RIBs), and control-plane protocols.

This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 06:56:48 +0100

Excellent news before the IETF meeting.
This set of YANG modules is the foundation for all routing modules.
As you can see here <http://www.claise.be/ietf-routing.png>there are 
many dependencies for the ietf-routing YANG module.

Many thanks to Lada, Acee, the chairs, and the community for this very 
long journey.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[netmod] RFC 8022 on A YANG Data Model for Routing Management
Date: 	Wed, 9 Nov 2016 20:18:36 -0800 (PST)
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

         RFC 8022

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
.

---

From: Dean Bogdanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 01:06:24 -0500

Congrats Lada!

This was a great marathon to pull of with Acee coming down the road and helping out.

Again, congrats to both of you

Dean

> On Nov 9, 2016, at 11:18 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 08:46:34 +0100

> On 10 Nov 2016, at 07:06, Dean Bogdanovic <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Congrats Lada!
> 

Thank you, this one really calls for a drink. :-)

Cheers, Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:36:31 +0100

Great wrok Lada and WG.

> Thank you, this one really calls for a drink. :-)

OK, then I will come to Seoul.

Bert

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 04:01:10 -0500

Wonderful news!  Congratulations Lada, Acee, Ken, Juergen, Lew, and all
members of the WG. 

Sue

From: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:57 AM
To: NETMOD Working Group
Subject: [netmod] Fwd: RFC 8022 on A YANG Data Model for Routing Management

Excellent news before the IETF meeting.
This set of YANG modules is the foundation for all routing modules.
As you can see here  <http://www.claise.be/ietf-routing.png> there are many
dependencies for the ietf-routing YANG module.

Many thanks to Lada, Acee, the chairs, and the community for this very long
journey.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message -------- 

Subject: 

[netmod] RFC 8022 on A YANG Data Model for Routing Management

Date: 

Wed, 9 Nov 2016 20:18:36 -0800 (PST)

From: 

[email-masked]

To: 

[email-masked], [email-masked]

CC: 

[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

        RFC 8022

 

 
This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working
Group of the IETF.

 

The RFC Editor Team

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (Nokia - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:29:33 +0000

+1

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

-----Original Message-----
From: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bert Wijnen (IETF)
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:37 AM
To: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>; Dean Bogdanovic <[email-masked]>
Cc: NETMOD WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [netmod] RFC 8022 on A YANG Data Model for Routing Management

Great wrok Lada and WG.

Bert

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:23:12 +0000

>Thank you, this one really calls for a drink. :-)

It may take more than one to reach consensus…
Acee

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 11:44:03 +0100

Hi,

this has been a major piece of work and I am happy to see this data
model published as an RFC. The work on this data model has not always
been easy and I like to thank Lada in particular for keeping the ball
rolling for more than five years. I think we all learned a lot during
the process and understand many thinks way better now.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Phil Shafer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:51:01 -0500

"Acee Lindem (acee)" writes:
>It may take more than one to reach consensus

It's sure to be a "rough consensus" ;^)

Great work gents!

Thanks,
 Phil

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:13:53 +0800

> It may take more than one to reach consensus…

+1 for drinks. 

Mahesh Jethanandani 
[email-masked]