Subject: [netmod] Suresh Krishnan's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-24: (with COMMENT)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 20:46:05 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-24: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Have you considered including support for the Route Information Option
(RFC4191)? Seems like it would be useful.

* default-lifetime is defined with a range of 0..9000 in this document
but the upper limit will be raised to 65535 if and when
draft-ietf-6man-maxra is approved. Is there a mechanism by which you can
easily support this increased upper limit?

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 08:27:15 +0100

> On 3 Nov 2016, at 04:46, Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

We specifically wanted to include only configuration parameters that are mandatory for every router. Route Information Option parameters can be easily added via augmentation. 

> easily support this increased upper limit?

Yes, this can be done in an update to the ietf-ipv6-router-advertisements submodule. Expanding a range presents no problem, see sec. 11 of RFC 7950 (third bullet).

Thanks, Lada

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C