Subject: [netmod] A suggestion for yang namespaces

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:14:33 +0900

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4151 defines the "tag:" URI scheme, which
allows the creation of URIs with nearly arbitrary syntax by anyone with an
email address or domain name.  E.g.,
"tag:example.com,2016:yang:interface-extension".
The quirk here is the date, which exists in case example.com gets
reassigned to someone else next year.

If authors can accept the date quirk, this is an already-existing mechanism
that is nearly identical to the one that was proposed in Xufeng's
presentation today.

  Bill

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 10:33:38 +0100 (CET)

> that is nearly identical to the one that was proposed in Xufeng's

I wasn't aware of this scheme, but I think this is exactly what is
needed.  As for the date part, it is there for a reason, so it should
be acceptable.

So, since this scheme exists, I don't think we should define the
'rdns' scheme.

/martin