Subject: [netmod] Where does a node representing the "action" or nested "notification" appear in the accessible tree?

From: "Jernej Tuljak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 15:54:11 +0100

Hi,

In 6.4.1. [1]:

   o  If the XPath expression is defined in a substatement to a
      "notification" statement, the accessible tree is the notification
      instance, all state data in the server, and the running
      configuration datastore.  If the notification is defined on the
      top level in a module, then the root node has the node
      representing the notification being defined and all top-level data
      nodes in all modules as children.  Otherwise, the root node has
      all top-level data nodes in all modules as children.

   o  If the XPath expression is defined in a substatement to an "input"

      statement in an "rpc" or "action" statement, the accessible tree

      is the RPC or action operation instance, all state data in the

      server, and the running configuration datastore.  The root node

      has top-level data nodes in all modules as children.

      Additionally, for an RPC, the root node also has the node

      representing the RPC operation being defined as a child.  The node

      representing the operation being defined has the operation's input

      parameters as children.

   o  If the XPath expression is defined in a substatement to an

      "output" statement in an "rpc" or "action" statement, the

      accessible tree is the RPC or action operation instance, all state

      data in the server, and the running configuration datastore.  The

      root node has top-level data nodes in all modules as children.

      Additionally, for an RPC, the root node also has the node

      representing the RPC operation being defined as a child.  The node

      representing the operation being defined has the operation's

      output parameters as children.

Shouldn't this text explicitly define where in the accessible tree a node that represents an "action" (or nested "notification") being defined appears? This is the case for "rpc" and top-level "notification" (child of root), but not for actions or nested notifications. It is probably meant to be a child of the containing/defining data node?

[1] - https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7950#section-6.4.1

Jernej