Subject: [netmod] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7950 (5274)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 19:38:19 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7950,
"The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5274

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.16.3

Original Text
-------------
   A corresponding XML instance example of the complete notification:

     <notification
       xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0">
       <eventTime>2008-07-08T00:01:00Z</eventTime>
       <event xmlns="urn:example:event">
         <event-class>fault</event-class>
         <reporting-entity>
           /ex:interface[ex:name='Ethernet0']
         </reporting-entity>
         <severity>major</severity>
       </event>
     </notification>

Corrected Text
--------------
   A corresponding XML instance example of the complete notification
   follows.  This example reports an event for an interface from the
   "example-foo" module defined in Section 13.1.1.

     <notification
       xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0">
       <eventTime>2008-07-08T00:01:00Z</eventTime>
       <event xmlns="urn:example:event">
         <event-class>fault</event-class>
         <reporting-entity xmlns:ex="urn:example:foo">
           /ex:interface[ex:name='Ethernet0']
         </reporting-entity>
         <severity>major</severity>
       </event>
     </notification>

Notes
-----
The "ex" prefix is not declared.  The "example-foo" module in 13.1.1 is the only module in the draft that matches the given instance-identifier.  An alternative fix would be to use a different module and a matching instance-identifier.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7950 (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-14)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The YANG 1.1 Data Modeling Language
Publication Date    : August 2016
Author(s)           : M. Bjorklund, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Modeling
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:47:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

This errata is correct and should be accepted.

I think the actual URI to use is less important, so the proposed URI
is fine.

/martin