Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-20.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:50:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-20.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis/

Technical Summary

   This memo provides guidelines for authors and reviewers of Standards
   Track specifications containing YANG data model modules.  Applicable
   portions may be used as a basis for reviews of other YANG data model
   documents.  Recommendations and procedures are defined, which are
   intended to increase interoperability and usability of Network
   Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) and RESTCONF protocol
   implementations that utilize YANG data model modules.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 6087.

Working Group Summary

   Consensus was reached among all interested parties before 
   requesting the publication of this document.

Document Quality

   Multiple implementers of YANG and those who write
   models using YANG have reviewed the document.

Personnel

   Kent Watsen is the Document Shepherd for this document?  
   Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area Director.