Subject: [netmod] YANG Model Versioning Design Team

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 11:14:39 -0400

Hi,

As discussed at the NETMOD WG session in IETF 101, London, we would like
to set up a design team for YANG versioning.

The proposed charter for the design team is as follows:

The YANG Model Versioning Design Team is chartered to propose a revised
approach to supporting YANG module updates.  The existing approach is
described in [1], and related issues have been discussed at IETF 100
[2], IETF 101 [3] and in [4].  The Design Team will document the current
problem, related requirements and objections, and lead the WG related
discussion to ensure consensus.  The result of this effort is expected
to be an individual draft which may be adopted by the WG per normal
process. The goal of the design team is to have this draft published
prior to IETF 102.

The Design Team is also expected to explore the possible solution space
and propose a single solution to the WG in the form of an individual
document.  The goal of the design team is to have an initial version of
this draft available prior to IETF 103, and to help with the effort of
achieving WG adoption of the draft.  The Design Team is expected to
close once there is WG draft providing a revised solution to supporting
YANG module updates.

We have asked Rob Wilton to lead the DT and would like to ask that those
who are interested in joining the design team please contact the chairs
and Rob Wilton. Note if you have already sent mail to the chairs
regarding volunteering, there is no need to send an additional e-mail.
If you volunteer and are not asked to join, please know that you will
have ample opportunity to provide input as any documents produced by the
DT will follow normal WG process, starting with a normal WG adoption call.

Thank you,
NETMOD WG Chairs

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7950#section-11
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/session/netmod
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/session/netmod
[4] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clacla-netmod-yang-model-update