Subject: [netmod] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 12:46:05 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really like that you've provided this capability.

It might be that I've spent too much time doing Unix, but I wonder if "Yang
Schema Mount Point" would be a clearer title?

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:50:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

The WG had a couple of discussions about the title, even though this
particular proposal hasn't come up.  I think the document is about
more than just the mount point, so I think we should keep the current
title.

/martin

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 04:03:51 -0500

Hi, Martin,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:50 AM Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:

> particular proposal hasn't come up.

Excellent - at least it wasn't a completely stupid question.

In addition to the term's meaning in Unix, "Mount" is probably used as a
verb more often in English than as a noun, so this is one of the cases
where not speaking English as my first language would have made this LESS
jarring. And that's a win for readers with other backgrounds ;-)

> I think the document is about

Sure, and thank you for the feedback.

Spencer