Subject: [netmod] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05.txt

From: Balázs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:44:42 +0000

Hello,

I have updated the yang instance data draft.

Changed title and introduction to clarify that this draft is
only about the file format and documenting server capabilities
is just  a use case.

Added reference to
draft-wu-netconf-restconf-factory-restore

Added new open issues.

I anticipate that a separate IETF
document will define in detail how and which set of server
capabilities should be documented. I might even write that draft
once this one has progressed forward.

I hope this covers the concern of
Martin and others about the scope, and helps the adoption of the
draft.

regards Balazs

-------- Forwarded Message
--------

Subject:

New Version Notification for
draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05.txt

Date:

Fri, 19 Oct 2018 02:05:00 -0700

From:

[email-masked]

To:

Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>, Balazs Lengyel
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D,
draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05.txt

has been successfully submitted by Balazs Lengyel and posted to
the

IETF repository.

Name: draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data

Revision: 05

Title: YANG Based Instance Data Files Format

Document date: 2018-10-19

Group: netmod

Pages: 14

URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05.txt

Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data/

Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05

Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data

Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lengyel-netmod-yang-instance-data-05

Abstract:

There is a need to document data defined in YANG models without
the

need to fetch it from a live YANG server. Data is often needed

already in design time or needed by groups that do not have a live

running YANG server available. This document specifies a standard

file format for YANG Based Instance data, that is data that could
be

stored in a datastore and whose syntax and semantics is defined by

YANG models. Most important use cases foreseen include documenting

server capabilities, factory-default settings, or vendor provided

default configurations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission

until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

--
Balazs Lengyel Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
Senior Specialist
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909 email: [email-masked]