Subject: [netmod] IANA Considerations

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:15:04 +0000

draft-ietf-ccamp-mw-yang-10
has, in IANA Considerations,
      Name: ietf-microwave-radio-link
      Maintained by IANA?: N
      Namespace: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-microwave-radio-link
      Prefix: mrl
      Reference: RFC XXXX
which adds a line I have not seen before, not mentioned - naturally - in
RFC6020 or RFC7950 nor does it appear in e.g. RFC8407.

It seems like 'A Good Thing' but where has it come from, what is the
basis for it and is there a reference for it?  It could be construed as
a breach of RFC6020.

Tom Petch

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 20:04:38 +0200

Tom,

the IANA registry has this field, I assume it got introduced when IANA
started to maintain their own modules and needed a flag to distinguish
them from other modules. Martin may know more. If you think this is a
problem, the authors can remove 'Maintained by IANA?: N' strictly
following RFC 6020 and IANA will then add this bit later during the
IANA processing.

/js

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 04:15:04PM +0000, tom petch wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 20:45:32 +0200 (CEST)

> following RFC 6020 and IANA will then add this bit later during the

I don't know more.  I will check with IANA.

/martin

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

> I don't know more.  I will check with IANA.

This column was apparanently added by IANA after being requested by
Benoit.  IANA does not require draft authors to include this column;
they will populate it themselves (if the module is intended to be
maintained by IANA this will be described in the IANA Considerations
section, and the module is probably called iana-something).

/martin