Subject: [netmod] YANG versioning solution comparison draft

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 09:37:59 +0100

The YANG versioning design team has spent the last few months refining 
some of the requirements and discussing and debating various solutions.  
I would like to thank everyone on the design team who has spent time on 
this and participated in this effort.

To this end we have produced an interim draft, 
draft-verdt-netmod-yang-solutions 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-solutions/>, 
that describes some of the solutions to the key problems that we have 
been discussing.

The draft is quite rough around the edges, but is only expected be a 
transient working document.  I shall be presenting some of the content 
to the WG in the Thursday Netmod session.  The draft itself purposely 
does not recommend any particular solution at this time, but the design 
team would welcome feedback from the working group on their thoughts and 
views of the various potential solutions, particularly if their are 
additional pros/cons of those solutions that are not captured in the draft.

Thanks,
Rob