Subject: [netmod] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02.txt

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:40:46 -0500

A new revision of the YANG version requirements draft has been posted
based on feedback from IETF 103.  This revision includes the following:

* Revise requirement 1.4 text to remove mention of software release
versioning

* Simplify the requirement 3.2 text to avoid bias to a particular solution

* Remove the now-redundant requirement 4.4

* Acknowledge the inspiration around versioning from the OpenConfig group

With these changes, the design team is asking the chairs to request WG
adoption for this document.

Joe

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02.txt
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 06:36:00 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Clarke and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs
Revision:	02
Title:		YANG Module Versioning Requirements
Document date:	2018-11-23
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-verdt-netmod-yang-versioning-reqs-02

Abstract:
   This document describes the problems that can arise because of the
   YANG language module update rules, that require all updates to YANG
   module preserve strict backwards compatibility.  It also defines the
   requirements on any solution designed to solve the stated problems.
   This document does not consider possible solutions, nor endorse any
   particular solution.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat