Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 13:27:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-04-06

Abstract:
   This document defines a simple and yet time-proven strategy for
   handling long lines in inclusions in internet drafts and RFCs using a
   backslash ('\') character to indicate where line-folding has
   occurred.  The strategy works on any text-based content, but is
   primarily intended for a structured sequence of lines rather than for
   two-dimensional imagery.  The approach produces consistent results,
   regardless of the content, that is both self-documenting and enables
   automated reconstitution of the original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 20:39:29 +0000

This update primarily adds support for a second folding strategy whereby
there is just a single backslash characters. 

Everything is updated (script, examples, algorithm descriptions, etc.).

The authors believe that this version is ready for Last Call, but first would
like to get the opinion from the WG regarding:

  - overall flow
  - if the examples should be moved to an appendix section
  - if negative examples should be added

Kent  // as contributor

> On Apr 6, 2019, at 4:27 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod