Subject: [netmod] Adam Roach's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-07: (with DISCUSS)

From: Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 18:45:31 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a "discuss discuss" that I plan to clear once the IESG has considered
the topic during tomorrow's telechat.

This document has a normative reference to RFC 8199, which is informational.
This downref was not mentioned in the IETF Last Call announcement
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/ietf-announce/>, and RFC 8199 doesn't
yet appear in the downref registry <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/downref/>.

Per RFC 8067, this doesn't require running another IETF last call; however, as
it wasn't part of the IETF last call discussion, the IESG is required to
evaluate whether the downref is appropriate.

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 08:40:30 -0400

> On Apr 10, 2019, at 9:45 PM, Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

This change was made in the latest version in response to the Gen-ART review. I think the reference is appropriate and I don’t think another last call is required.

Alissa