Subject: [netmod] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-07: (with DISCUSS)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 06:41:04 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is generally a fine document, but after checking RFC 7950 syntax for
strings I question why you think you need non ASCII tags. There are so many
problems that can arise from that. For example, how would IANA be able to
enforce uniqueness of Unicode tags written in different Unicode
canonicalisation forms?