Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 06:03:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-06-20

Abstract:
   This document defines two strategies for handling long lines in
   width-bounded text content.  One strategy is based on the historic
   use of a single backslash ('\') character to indicate where line-
   folding has occurred, with the continuation occurring with the first
   non-space (' ') character on the next line.  The second strategy
   extends the first strategy by adding a second backslash character to
   identify where the continuation begins and thereby able to handle
   cases not supported by the first strategy.  Both strategies use a
   self-describing header enabling automated reconstitution of the
   original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:07:11 +0000

This update incorporates Adrian's suggestion from the 17th.

There are no pending changes.  Publication may proceed as the chairs see fit.

Kent // author 

> On Jun 20, 2019, at 9:03 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:41:33 +0100

Thanks Kent.

Good change. I also think this is now ready to proceed.

Adrian

From: netmod <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Kent Watsen
Sent: 20 June 2019 14:07
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05.txt

There are no pending changes.  Publication may proceed as the chairs see
fit.

Kent // author 

On Jun 20, 2019, at 9:03 AM, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

       Title           : Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in
Internet-Drafts and RFCs
       Authors         : Kent Watsen
                         Adrian Farrel
                         Qin Wu
               Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-05.txt
               Pages           : 26
               Date            : 2019-06-20

Abstract:

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 23:09:11 +0000

All,

The non-normative script in this draft received a few pull requests from an interested party outside our WG.

I plan to publish an update shortly incorporating them, but I just realized the the name of the script should be improved.  Especially as some consider distributing it with their systems.   Currently it is called "fold-artwork.sh", but the word "artwork" fell out of favor awhile ago, here are some options:

    0) fold-artwork.sh  <---- current
    1) fold-sourcecode.sh
    2) fold-text.sh
    3) fold.sh
    4) rfcxxxx.sh       // where "xxxx" is replaced by RFC Editor

Any preferences or other suggestions?

Thanks,
Kent  // author

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 07:44:33 +0200

> Any preferences or other suggestions?

Since we have rfcdiff, perhaps rfcfold.sh or something like that. I
think a name that is more specific than 0)-3) is desirable.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>