Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:20:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-06-27

Abstract:
   This document defines two strategies for handling long lines in
   width-bounded text content.  One strategy is based on the historic
   use of a single backslash ('\') character to indicate where line-
   folding has occurred, with the continuation occurring with the first
   non-space (' ') character on the next line.  The second strategy
   extends the first strategy by adding a second backslash character to
   identify where the continuation begins and thereby able to handle
   cases not supported by the first strategy.  Both strategies use a
   self-describing header enabling automated reconstitution of the
   original content.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:35:28 +0000

This update primarily regards the non-normative script:

    - renamed to "rfcfold"
    - now only uses sed one-liners
    - auto-detects if platforms `[g]sed` and `pcregrep` are present and
       suitable, outputting an error message if not.
    - cleans up the temporary directory if exits for any reason
    - improved error message around the script not implementing the
      force-fold logic.

    Special thanks to Eric Auerswald for supplying the pull requests 
    for much of the above!

Outside the updates to the script:

    - renamed 9.3:
          OLD: Example Showing Smart Folding
          NEW: Example Showing "Smart" Folding

    - renamed Appendix A:
          OLD: POSIX Shell Script: rfcfold
          NEW: POSIX Shell Script

My only comments are:

    1) the script itself doesn't name itself "rfcfold" anywhere.
            - albeit, the "name" attribute in the XML is set to "rfcfold".

    2) if the script is expected to be distributed, we may want/need to
        add a copyright statement and/or a pointer to its GitHub repo.

Thanks,
Kent

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 5:20 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Erik Auerswald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 23:43:42 +0200

Hi,

whilst missing the original IPR poll [1], as a recently acknowledged
contributor:

        No, I'm not aware of any IPR that applies to this draft.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netmod/s1TKbSLXvlJG8Q9MgqFm4197r88

Thanks,
Erik