Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Factory Default Settings' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 09:17:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Factory Default Settings'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-factory-default/

Technical Summary

    This document defines a YANG data model to allow clients to reset a server
    back to its factory default condition.  It also defines a "factory-default"
    datastore to allow clients to read the factory default configuration for the
    device.

    The reset operation may be used, e.g., when the existing configuration has
    major errors so re-starting the configuration process from scratch is the
    best option.

Working Group Summary

    The work has strong consensus in the WG. 

    The Secdir review highlighed a concern with the general boilerplate security
    text used for YANG models.  This is not specific to this document or the
    YANG model defined in this document and should not delay its publication.
    We should discuss with the security ADs whether further updates to the
    standard YANG model security text is required.

Document Quality

    The document has received some, but not a lot, of WG LC reviews.  However, the
    document is relatively short, simple, and is in good shape.

    No known implementations or commitments.
 
    The document went through a YANG Doctor review as part of the Last Call
    process.

Personnel

    The document shepherd is Kent Watsen. 
    The responsible Area Director is Robert Wilton.