Subject: [netmod] draft-wwx-netmod-event-yang-07

From: Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 16:21:36 +0000

Hi,

I've had my first look at this draft and have a few initial comments on 
section 2.1 Terminology:
It would be helpful to identify which definitions come from which RFCIt 
would be worth including definitions from RFC3198 "Terminology for 
Policy-Based Management" as well. For example:In Event, "rule" could be 
"policy rule"Condition could be "policy condition"Action could be 
"policy action"Neither "Implicit policy variable" nor "Explicit policy 
variable" are defined in RFC3460, though it does introduce (but not 
formally define) the following terms. Be good to properly align with the 
terms in the RFC:“Implicit PolicyVariable”, “Implicitly bound policy 
variable” and “Implicitly defined policy variable”“Explicitly bound 
policy variable” and “Explicitly defined policy variable”It would 
probably also be worth including definitions from RFC3198 for:"Policy 
Decision Point (PDP)" and "Policy Enforcement Point (PEP)" - is the 
intent for the server to be a PDP and PEP?"provisioned policy" - I 
presume you are looking at provisioned policies rather than "outsourced 
policies" (also defined in RFC3198)
I have other comments, but it would be useful to have a clearer set of 
definitions to work from.

Jonathan