Subject: [netmod] rfc6991bis: yang:date

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 21:13:20 +0200

- XML schema seems to use a different canonical format, we
    need to take a closer look how to define the canonical format
    given that a date really identifies a 24 hour interval and
    what XSD means with 'interval midpoint'.

  - Shall we make the timezone offset optional? The timezone offset is
    optional in XML schema. There is CBOR work in progress to define a
    date without a timezone. The downside of optional timezones is
    that two systems in different timezones may assign different dates
    to the same event. On the other hand, there may be use cases where
    the timezone is implicit.

  - Proposal: Make the timezone optional (adding text describing the
    implications, i.e., comparisons may be surprising). Align as much
    as possible with the XML schema definition concerning the
    canonical format.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 08:57:36 +0000

From: netmod <[email-masked]> on behalf of Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Sent: 17 July 2020 20:13

<tp>
You do not mention day of the week which I think a good idea and see it defined in a TEAS YANG module which has either come up with the same idea independently or else has copied RFC6691bis.  I can see us ending up with two identical definitions but that is probably better than two different definitions:-)

Tom Petch

/js

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod