Subject: [netmod] NETMOD Versioning virtual interim - Week of Dec 14 (somewhat urgent poll)

From: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 23:23:35 +0000

Hello NETMOD working group,

We are planning a one hour Virtual Interim meeting one day during the week of Dec 14-17 (9:30am Eastern Time).

The goal is to progress on some key outstanding decisions around the YANG Versioning drafts.

### YOUR RESPONSE REQUESTED ###
Please fill in the doodle poll with what days in the Dec 14-17 you could arrange your schedule to attend.
- If you will, or even *may* attend, then please fill in the doodle poll
- if you don't intend to attend, then please do not fill in the doodle poll
https://doodle.com/poll/4gycdqy8if2xc4yx

The focus of this Virtual Interim meeting will be the YANG Module Revision Handling draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning/

The key issues that need discussion and resolution are:
A) Behavior of import by revision-or-derived and do we need revision-or-compatible-derived ? Is changing the import statement a BC or an NBC change to a module ?
B) Whitespace: do all whitespace changes require a bump in the revision? Consider interactions with package checksums.
C) IANA considerations: how are final RFC revision labels assigned ?
D) YANG file naming when revision labels are being used (symbolic links? @<revision-label>) ?

Meeting materials are being prepared and will be available for the discussions.

Some further details can be found at the following links for now:

IETF109 Presention:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/109/materials/slides-109-netmod-yang-versioning-update-00

import by revision-or-compatible-derived:
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/11

Is changing imports an NBC change?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/4

Whitespace:
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/8

IANA:
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/59

Thanks,
Jason