Subject: [Notifications] Notifications Jabber Chat

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:23:29 -0500

We would like to have a Jabber Chat to discuss notifications, with a focus
on Lemonade, but open to the larger problem space.

We would propose the following dates.  Please respond to the NOTIFICATIONS
list <mailto:[email-masked]>, not the LEMONADE list
<mailto:[email-masked]>.

[ ]   January 24, 10am Eastern Time
[ ]   January 25, 10am Eastern Time
[ ]   Other: _______

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Notifications mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/notifications

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:40:07 +0000

> on Lemonade, but open to the larger problem space.
I'd like to pre-empt this by asking what people feel notifications 
actually are.

I think there's at least three types - MWI notifications, out-of-band 
synchronization messages, and user-directed alerts.

My suspicion is that several approaches are trying to combine these 
into a single mechanism, and I suspect that this is a bad thing.

> [ ]   January 25, 10am Eastern Time

Probably any of those is fine for me, although I've not yet taken the 
time to resolve "Eastern Time" into something I understand.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:28:09 -0500

24 January 2007:
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=24&year=20
06&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43>

25 January 2007:
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=25&year=20
06&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=43>