Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action:draft-hammer-oauth-05.txt

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:17:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : The OAuth Core 1.0 Protocol
	Author(s)       : E. Hammer-Lahav
	Filename        : draft-hammer-oauth-05.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2009-11-16

This document specifies the OAuth Core 1.0 protocol.  OAuth provides a method for clients to access server resources on behalf of another party (such as a different client or an end user).  It also provides a redirection-based user agent process for end users to authorize access to another party by substituting their credentials (typically, a username and password pair) with a different set of delegation- specific credentials.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hammer-oauth-05.txt

   -05

   o  Replaced the word 'lexicographical' with 'ascending' in sorting
      instructions.

   o  Added note that the 'a3' parameter appears twice in the example.

   o  Made the note about the encoding scheme being different from most
      common implementations more explicit.

   o  Moved and cleaned up the example from appendix to introduction.
      Removed crypto details from the example.

   -04

   o  Corrected typo and other minor editorial changes.

   o  Added warning about token sizes.

   o  Clarified that all 'oauth_' parameters must be transmitted using
      the same method.

   o  Added explicit requirement to exclude parameters not transmitted
      in a request in the signature base string (for example
      oauth_version when omitted).

   o  Explicitly set OAuth to use HTTP 1.1.

   o  Rearranged the signature base string section to provide a better
      narrative of how the HTTP request is normalized.  Added the
      protocol parameters to the examples to better demonstrate how they
      are incorporated in practice.

   o  Flipped the document order between authentication and
      authorization.

   o  Removed the requirement for timestamps to be equal or greater than
      previous timestamps.
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1oYW1tZXItb2F1dGgtMDUudHh0DQo=