Subject: [OAUTH-WG] meeting at IETF 77

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:15:07 -0700

IETF 77 will be held in Anaheim, California, USA on March 21-26, 2010.
The OAuth WG will meet at IETF 77, so mark your calendars!

http://www.ietf.org/meeting/77/

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:49:21 -0500

I hope you're going to request an OAuth meeting this time?  :)
--Richard

On Dec 22, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:03:34 -0800

I know that it might be taboo, but what would people think about
having a meeting in January to talk about OAuth 2.0 and WRAP?  I'd
really rather see these become the same thing and fear that waiting
until late March might be too long.  (We should also have a meeting in
March.)

--David

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:07:44 -0700

I think that's what I meant by "the OAuth WG will meet at IETF 77". If
you found that statement ambiguous, let me know. :)

---

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:13:53 -0700

We should use the time until the meeting to decide what 2.0 includes and come to some consensus around that. We should use the meeting to decide if this is the new direction the WG should take. It doesn't mean we need to wait until April (when a new charter is likely) to get work done.

Arranging for an IETF meeting earlier is not likely, but we can have meetings to prepare proposals for the WG to consider.

EHL

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of David Recordon
> Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:04 PM
> To: Peter Saint-Andre; OAuth WG
> Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] meeting at IETF 77
> 
> I know that it might be taboo, but what would people think about having a
> meeting in January to talk about OAuth 2.0 and WRAP?  I'd really rather see
> these become the same thing and fear that waiting until late March might be
> too long.  (We should also have a meeting in
> March.)
> 
> --David
>

---

From: Igor Faynberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:19:19 -0500

David,

I am (and have been) all for meetings, but a January meeting may be 
problematic (at least for me) because of it is too short a fuse for 
those who have extensive travel.

I would definitely support this being item for the mail list discussion.

Igor

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:19:25 -0700

Interim meetings are far from taboo, and I think would be a good idea
for us, even if only in the chatroom we have on jabber.ietf.org or via
conference call.

BTW, I've been gathering input from a bunch of folks who have been
involved in the WRAP work and will post to the list very soon with some
further thoughts about the road ahead for our WG.

Peter

---

From: "Richard L. Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:23:53 -0500

+1

We've had a lot of success with "virtual interim" meetings  
(predominantly via Webex) in ECRIT and GEOPRIV.  IIRC, they require  
around a 2-week advance warning and generally aren't held within a few  
weeks of the IETF, so we would be looking at mid- to late-January.

--Richard

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:19:57 -0700

> weeks of the IETF, so we would be looking at mid- to late-January.

Yes, I think that's an excellent idea and I plan to make heavy use of it
in early 2010 so that we can make quick progress.

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:40:44 +0000

+1

> Of Richard L. Barnes
> Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:24 PM
> To: Peter Saint-Andre
> Cc: OAuth WG