Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:07:13 -0700

Just saw this come across the wire...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:45:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : A SASL Mechanism for OAuth
	Author(s)       : W. Mills, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-02-16

Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a framework for
providing authentication and data security services in connection-
oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  OAuth is a protocol
framework for delegated HTTP authentication and thereby provides a
method for clients to access a protected resource on behalf of a
resource owner.

This document defines the use of HTTP authentication over SASL, and
additionally defines authoriation and token issuing endpoint
discovery.  Thereby, it enables schemes defined within the OAuth
framework for non-HTTP-based application protocols.  A future version
of this document will describe the integration into the Generic
Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-APIO).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: William Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:28:34 -0800

I'm happy (ecstatic, hopeful, yearning) to take comments, although I guess the etiquette is that it should happen on the Kitten WG mailing list?   

-bill

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Peter Saint-Andre
> Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:07 PM
> To: OAuth WG
> Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-
> 01.txt
> 
> additionally defines authoriation and token issuing endpoint discovery.
> Thereby, it enables schemes defined within the OAuth framework for non-
> HTTP-based application protocols.  A future version of this document
> will describe the integration into the Generic Security Services
> Application Program Interface (GSS-APIO).
>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:49:58 -0700

Yes, I think the kitten list is the right place:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

But it would be good for OAuth folks to review the spec and post their
comments on the kitten list (or directly to the authors).

/psa

On 2/16/11 5:28 PM, William Mills wrote:
> I'm happy (ecstatic, hopeful, yearning) to take comments, although I
> guess the etiquette is that it should happen on the Kitten WG mailing
> list?
> 
> -bill
> 
>> -----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]
>> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peter Saint-Andre 
>> Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:07 PM To: OAuth WG Subject:
>> [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth- 01.txt
>> 
>> -------- Original Message -------- Subject: I-D
>> Action:draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
>> 14:45:01 -0800 From: [email-masked] Reply-To:
>> [email-masked] To: [email-masked]
>> 
>> Title           : A SASL Mechanism for OAuth Author(s)       : W.
>> Mills, et al. Filename        :
>> draft-mills-kitten-sasl-oauth-01.txt Pages           : 19 Date
>> : 2011-02-16
>> 
>> oriented protocols via replaceable mechanisms.  OAuth is a
>> protocol framework for delegated HTTP authentication and thereby
>> provides a method for clients to access a protected resource on
>> behalf of a resource owner.
>> 
>> This document defines the use of HTTP authentication over SASL,
>> and additionally defines authoriation and token issuing endpoint
>> framework for non- HTTP-based application protocols.  A future
>> version of this document will describe the integration into the
>> Generic Security Services Application Program Interface
>> (GSS-APIO).
>>