Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Google launched OAuth 2 v10 support

From: Marius Scurtescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:35:55 -0700

The announcement:
http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-auth-easier-oauth-20-for-google.html

The documentation page:
http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth2.html

Other than the core spec it implements:
- revocation endpoint
- native app support using oob and localhost (I still have to send a
formal extension for this)
- auto-approval, immediate mode and forced approval (these are experimental)

Registration is required, anonymous mode not supported anymore.

Feedback more than welcome.

Thanks,
Marius

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:16:38 +0000

Cool!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Marius Scurtescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: Torsten Lodderstedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:43:59 +0100

Congratulation!

I've got some questions:
- do you support the token_type parameter for the revocation endpoint?
- where can one find a documentation of the native app support?
- what is your approach to native apps and client secrects?

regards,
Torsten.

---

From: Marius Scurtescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:08:31 -0700

> - do you support the token_type parameter for the revocation endpoint?

No, we don't. At this point I think our implementations is compliant
with your latest draft, I will double check that.

> - where can one find a documentation of the native app support?

The public documentation was updated:
http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth2.html#IA

> - what is your approach to native apps and client secrects?

We are issuing secrets for native apps as well, but don't really
expect it to be secret. Makes it easier for libraries and registration
to have a uniform approach.

Marius