Subject: [OAUTH-WG] 3rd oauth co-chair - Barry Leiba

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 20:10:07 +0100

Hi all,

After chatting with Hannes and Blaine in Prague we figured that
it might help to get a 3rd co-chair for oauth to get the wg over
the line with the base spec and thereafter. Well, we got lucky,
so I'm glad to say Barry Leiba has agreed to take on the role
alongside Hannes and Blaine.

Barry has a lot of experience in chairing IETF working groups,
including some with significant mail volumes like oauth
and also has a great fit of IETF apps/security knowledge both
of which should also help a lot.

I've just mailed the secretariat adding Barry so it might take
a day or so for things to show up on the WG page.

I'm sure you'll join me, Hannes and Blaine in welcoming Barry
and wishing him all the best in helping us all get oauth done.
(And then we'll immediately start hassling him about stuff:-)

Regards,
Stephen.

---

From: "Zeltsan, Zachary (Zachary)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:55:01 -0500

I have been involved with MARF WG, which Barry co-Chairs, and am sure that this appointment is a good news for OAUTH.

Zachary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stephen Farrell
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Barry Leiba
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] 3rd oauth co-chair - Barry Leiba

Hi all,

Regards,
Stephen.

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:13:21 -0600

+1, Barry is very good.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:29:01 -0400

> alongside Hannes and Blaine.
...
> a day or so for things to show up on the WG page.

To those who have commented, thanks... and I hope I can help with the
management workload.  I see that the updates have been made, and I'm
showing up as a chair now.

The next two things we (the chairs) will be doing is drafting a
charter update to focus the remaining near-term work reflect where we
current are, and putting open issues into the tools issue tracker (
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/report/1 ), which right now
just has two year-old issues open.  I'll be sorting that part out over
the next few days, starting with issues that Eran has flagged in the
-15 draft version, along with some others.

I'll post about the issue tracker again when we think we've gotten the
open issues in there, so people can review them and see if we've
missed some.  And then we can all work on getting them closed, and
getting the OAuth v2 spec finished.

Barry, as new chair