Subject: [OAUTH-WG] [oauth] #12: Restore WWW-Authenticate response to the framework specification

From: "oauth issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:28:03 -0000

#12: Restore WWW-Authenticate response to the framework specification

 This is a capability that was present in WRAP and earlier OAuth drafts
 that was removed without consensus to do so.  The result has been that
 there is different and incompatible WWW-Authenticate response
 functionality in multiple related drafts – specifically draft-hammer-
 oauth-v2-mac-token-02 and draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer-04.  Interoperability
 and developers would both be better served by moving this functionality
 back into the core. We don’t believe that each related OAuth specification
 should have to separately specify this functionality.

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg06057.html

 Mike Jones: Having thought about it overnight and discussed it, I’m
 willing to drop my objection the WWW-Authenticate response not being in
 the framework specification, so as to close an open issue that could delay
 completion of the specifications.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Mike Jones          |       Owner:                        
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new                   
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:  Deliver OAuth 2.0 spec
Component:  v2                  |     Version:                        
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                        
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/ticket/12>
oauth <http://tools.ietf.org/oauth/>