Subject: [OAUTH-WG] moving to Security Area

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 09:25:45 +0200

As discussed in the WG session at Prague just now, in discussion with
the Security Area Directors I have decided to move the OAuth Working
Group from the Applications Area to the Security Area of the IETF. The
rationale is that all of the most important work remaining for the WG to
produce OAuth 2.0 is security-related. Moving the WG to the Security
Area will enable us to receive all of the right security reviews as
early as possible before submitting the base specification to the IESG.

Stephen Farrell of the Security Area will be your new AD, and I will
stay on as Applications Area advisor.

Let's complete the important work of the OAuth WG and do the best we can
to make HTTP-based authorization more secure.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 12:58:39 -0700

I can't say I understand this change when we're so close to being finished.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>
>

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 16:51:46 -0700

I also am confused by change like this when we are at WGLC.

I was under the impression that once the WG finished last call, the IETF security mafia experts would be reviewing the spec -- so it is unclear what advantage this has for getting the spec finished.