Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Interim Meeting

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 00:00:04 -0700

Haven't seen any followup here but am running into people telling me that they're coming to Facebook. I'm still happy to host, just unclear since I haven't heard anything.

On Apr 22, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]> wrote:

> +1 for Facebook.
> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
>> Of David Recordon
>> Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 2:26 PM
>> To: Melinda Shore
>> Cc: Barry Leiba; OAuth WG
>> Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Interim Meeting
>> 
>> I can setup audio and video conferencing if it's at Facebook.
>> 
>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm unable to attend in person but I'm hoping that remote
>>> participation will be an option - any hope of that?
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
>>> 
>>> Melinda
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> OAuth mailing list
>>> [email-masked]
>>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> OAuth mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:17:50 -0400

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:00 AM, David Recordon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Haven't seen any followup here but am running into people telling me that
> they're coming to Facebook. I'm still happy to host, just unclear since I haven't
> heard anything.

Yes, so sorry about that.
The chairs would be delighted to accept your offer to host it at
Facebook, and thanks!

If you post the venue details to this thread, when you have them, I'll
update the wiki:
   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting

And I remind everyone to PLEASE put your name on the wiki here:
   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/wiki/InterimMeetingAttendance

...if you plan to attend in person, so that David can have an
approximate count for his local planning.  It also wouldn't go amiss
if you'd put your name there with "(remote)" after it, so we can plan
for remote participation.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM, David Robinson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Have the plans for the interim meeting been nailed down - including a rough
> agenda ?
> (I heard discussion on closing the open issues...anything else that will be
> discussed ?)

That is the plan: to clear up all remaining issues that we can with
the documents on the (new) charter.
If there's time, we can certainly spend it discussing what might come
next, including things like the use cases document, the SAML document,
and whatever else.

Hannes will be the chair in attendance (Blaine and I can't make it --
schedule conflicts), so he'll be in charge of any detailed agenda, and
will run the meeting.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM, David Robinson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is this still being held at Facebook, 9-6 and were the web conference/dial
> in numbers arranged ?

The other David R does plan to set things up for remote participation.
 I'm sure he'll post here when he's been able to make arrangements.

Barry, as chair

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 23:22:14 +0200

>    http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting

Sure, it's 1050 Page Mill Road in Palo Alto and then head to the lobby
of building 1.

> for remote participation.

This would be really useful! Trying to understand what size room we'll
need as well as lunch plans.

>  I'm sure he'll post here when he's been able to make arrangements.

Current plan is that you'll be able to join either via Skype video or
a normal conference call line.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:31:01 -0400

> Sure, it's 1050 Page Mill Road in Palo Alto and then head to the lobby

I have updated the wiki.

Barry

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:36:20 -0400

>> Sure, it's 1050 Page Mill Road in Palo Alto and then head to the lobby

Hannes has also created an Eventbrite event for people to sign up at:
   http://oauth-interim.eventbrite.com/

It's very important, for room planning purposes (and lunch, too) that
you sign up either on the wiki or on the Eventbrite page [or both;
please use the same name and we'll remove dups :-) ].  Conference
rooms have limited space, and we'll need to know if we need a bigger
room.

Barry, as chair

---

From: Doug Tangren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 02:38:06 -0400

2 questions?

1. Would there be a conference line one could dial into remotely? (I'm in
New York City)

2. Is this open to implementors of the spec in addition to it's authors?
(I'm currently implementing draft 15 as developer @ meetup.com)

-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:52:17 +0200

Yes and yes. Just please add (remote) to your name on the wiki page.

---

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 23:55:29 -0700

This is an official interim working group meeting which goes by all the normal IETF rules of such meetings and is open for all.

EHL

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Doug Tangren
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:38 PM
To: Barry Leiba
Cc: OAuth WG
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth Interim Meeting

2 questions?

1. Would there be a conference line one could dial into remotely? (I'm in New York City)

2. Is this open to implementors of the spec in addition to it's authors? (I'm currently implementing draft 15 as developer @ meetup.com<http://meetup.com>)

-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:21:12 -0400

Doug says...
> (I'm currently implementing draft 15 as developer @ meetup.com)

Eran says...
> This is an official interim working group meeting which goes by all the
> normal IETF rules of such meetings and is open for all.

Indeed, thanks, Eran, for the reminder here.

Yes, this is an open meeting -- there are NO restrictions on who may
attend, other than that we ask people to sign up in advance so the
logistics can be properly set up.  We hope to have a room full of
people who want to spend the day finishing up the OAuth specs by
getting the issues resolved -- negotiating and coming up with
compromises where necessary.

And the meeting is also covered by the IETF's "Note Well" (as is this
mailing list).  Anyone who needs a reminder of what that says can look
here: http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html

Barry, as chair

---

From: Doug Tangren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:30:07 -0400

Thanks guys. Added my name to the list.

-Doug Tangren
http://lessis.me