Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:25:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Authentication Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion Grant Type Profile for OAuth 2.0
	Author(s)       : Chuck Mortimore
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-05-23

   This specification defines the use of a SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion as
   means for requesting an OAuth 2.0 access token.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 08:32:37 -0600

-04 is up already at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04 and the
changes are pretty minor:

-- (from Appendix B. Document History) --
   o  Changed the grant_type URI from
      "http://oauth.net/grant_type/assertion/saml/2.0/bearer" to
      "http://oauth.net/grant_type/saml/2.0/bearer" - dropping the word
      assertion from the path.  Recent versions of draft-ietf-oauth-v2
      no longer refer to extension grants using the word assertion so
      this URI is more reflective of that.  It also more closely aligns
      with the grant type URI in draft-jones-oauth-jwt-bearer-00 which
      is "http://oauth.net/grant_type/jwt/1.0/bearer".

   o  Added "case sensitive" to scope definition to align with
      draft-ietf-oauth-v2-15/16.

   o  Updated to reference draft-ietf-oauth-v2-16

Thanks,
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Open Authentication
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

       Title           : SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion Grant Type Profile
for OAuth 2.0
       Author(s)       : Chuck Mortimore
       Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt
       Pages           : 13
       Date            : 2011-05-23

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-04.txt
_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 08:48:23 -0600

These changes touch on, but don't necessarily address, some
questions/comments from Peter Saint-Andre raised a while back.

Here's the last message in that thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg05741.html

Peter (or anyone really), any additional thoughts on those items?  Do
they need to be addressed?  The duplication of the scope definition
and the appropriateness of the URI also apply to
draft-jones-oauth-jwt-bearer-00

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:56:22 -0600

One more thing (that may be obvious) and assuming the URI change is
okay, Eran, can you update the example post body in section 4.5
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-16#section-4.5) to
reflect the URI change in the next draft?

   grant_type=http%3A%2F%2Foauth.net%2Fgrant_type%2Fsaml%2F2.0%2F
   bearer&assertion=PEFzc2VydGlvbiBJc3N1ZUluc3RhbnQ9IjIwMTEtMDUtM
   [...omitted for brevity...]V0aG5TdGF0ZW1lbnQ-PC9Bc3NlcnRpb24-

Thanks,
Brian