Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00.txt

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:07:43 -0600

Following up from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg06949.html a few
weeks ago, I've submitted a new I-D to establish an IETF URN
Sub-Namespace for OAuth (urn:ietf:params:oauth:*:*).  Eran balked at
putting this in the core spec so it made sense to produce a separate
draft for it.  I'd like to request from the group and the chairs that
this draft become a work item of the WG as soon as possible. The SAML
draft will utilize this to register a proper URN for the extension
grant type and presumably the JWT draft will as well.   Hopefully it
will be useful in other contexts as well (like the oob parameter that
has been discussed).

The draft is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00

Because Hannes originally wrote all the content, I've listed him as an
author. Let me know if that's not appropriate.

Thanks,
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Brian Campbell and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns
Revision:        00
Title:           An IETF URN Sub-Namespace for OAuth
Creation date:   2011-07-29
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5

Abstract:
  This document creates and registers an IETF URN Sub-namespace for use
  with OAuth related specifications.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:45:48 -0700

Thanks for doing this.

EHL

On Jul 29, 2011, at 12:08, "Brian Campbell" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:47:28 -0400

> author. Let me know if that's not appropriate.

I'm happy to sponsor this draft if the Security ADs think it is too
"appsy", but I think it's completely straightforward.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:45:01 -0400

> "appsy", but I think it's completely straightforward.

Given the progress that the OAuth WG has made, the fact that we're in
WGLC on two major documents, and the fact that the SAML draft depends
upon what's in here, I have no issue with adding this as a WG item.
Stephen, do you agree with that?  (I know that Stephen's away for a
bit, and won't be responding for a while.  This can wait until he gets
back, and in the meantime the SAML doc can assume that this one is
going forward.)

Barry