Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:03:20 -0600

On 7/31/11 8:45 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:47, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 7/29/11 3:07 PM, Brian Campbell wrote:
>>> Following up from
>>> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg06949.html a few
>>> weeks ago, I've submitted a new I-D to establish an IETF URN
>>> Sub-Namespace for OAuth (urn:ietf:params:oauth:*:*).  Eran balked at
>>> putting this in the core spec so it made sense to produce a separate
>>> draft for it.  I'd like to request from the group and the chairs that
>>> this draft become a work item of the WG as soon as possible. The SAML
>>> draft will utilize this to register a proper URN for the extension
>>> grant type and presumably the JWT draft will as well.   Hopefully it
>>> will be useful in other contexts as well (like the oob parameter that
>>> has been discussed).
>>>
>>> The draft is available at:
>>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00
>>>
>>> Because Hannes originally wrote all the content, I've listed him as an
>>> author. Let me know if that's not appropriate.
>>
>> I'm happy to sponsor this draft if the Security ADs think it is too
>> "appsy", but I think it's completely straightforward.
> 
> Given the progress that the OAuth WG has made, the fact that we're in
> WGLC on two major documents, and the fact that the SAML draft depends
> upon what's in here, I have no issue with adding this as a WG item.
> Stephen, do you agree with that?  (I know that Stephen's away for a
> bit, and won't be responding for a while.  This can wait until he gets
> back, and in the meantime the SAML doc can assume that this one is
> going forward.)

I think that's a good path forward.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 13:26:29 -0600

Thanks Peter & Barry,

I'll proceed under those assumptions.

Also, just fyi that I just posted a new draft of this at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns-01 that has
only a couple minor editorial changes.

I hope to get to the SAML draft soon.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:23:06 -0400

Following up on this:

> back, and in the meantime the SAML doc can assume that this one is

Having seen support from Stephen for this direction, gotten agreement
from my co-chairs, and seen no objection from the working group, I
have pre-approved "draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns" as a working group
item.  Brian, please submit a new version under that name, and send a
note to iesg-secretary asking them to mark the new document as
replacing the old one.

Everyone, please give this document some review, and make comments.

Barry, as chair

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:01:00 -0600

Thanks Barry,

The new draft has been submitted and is up at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-00 (no changes
other than the document name/identifier).  I'll send a note to
iesg-secretary shortly.

-Brian