Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:16:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion Profiles for OAuth 2.0
	Author(s)       : Chuck Mortimore
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-08-03

   This specification defines the use of a SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion as
   means for requesting an OAuth 2.0 access token as well as for use as
   a means of client authentication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05.txt

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:30:13 -0600

This 'nice' version of this is at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05

The draft has been reworked significantly to become a profile of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-00 and cover
both assertions as access grants as well as assertions as client
authentication.

The grant_type URI value no longer uses oauth.net and is
urn:ietf:params:oauth:grant-type:saml2-bearer which is
registered/requested per
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-urn-sub-ns and a new
URI of urn:ietf:params:oauth:client-assertion-type:saml2-bearer is
introduced for client_assertion_type.

Lastly the processing rules on the assertion have been relaxed
somewhat to allow for <SubjectConfirmationData> element(s) to be
optional when the <Conditions> element has a NotOnOrAfter attribute.

Thanks,
Brian

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>