Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Parameter Registration Requests in draft-ietf-oauth-assertions

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:58:43 -0600

One of the changes I made in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-05 was to
drop the parameter registration request for the assertion parameter
because the parameter is now defined in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions however that
document doesn't currently have the registration request in its IANA
Considerations section.  It probably needs to have that as well as
requests for client_assertion and client_assertion_type.

To bootstrap that bit of work, I've included the XML source for the
assertion parameter request from a previous version of the SAML
document:

        <section title='IANA Considerations'>
          <section title='Parameter Registration Request'>
            <t>
              The following is the parameter registration request, as
defined in The OAuth Parameters Registry of <xref
target="I-D.ietf.oauth-v2">The OAuth 2.0 Authorization
Protocol</xref>, for the
              <spanx style='verb'>assertion</spanx> parameter:

              <list style='symbols'>
                <t>Parameter name: assertion</t>
                <t>Parameter usage location: token request
                </t>
                <t>Change controller: IETF</t>
                <t>Specification document(s): [[this document]]</t>
              </list>
            </t>
          </section>
        </section>