Subject: [OAUTH-WG] 15-day Public Review for SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile Version 1.0

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 23:45:33 -0400

The OASIS Security Services TC [1] members have produced an updated
Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and submitted this specification
for 15-day public review:

SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft 03
11 August 2011

Specification Overview:
Web Servers and Application Servers generally maintain security state
information for currently active users, particularly once some type of
authentication has occurred. This specification defines a format for
communicating such security session state based on the OASIS SAML
Assertion. It also specifies two different mechanisms for
communicating this information between servers via a standard Web
browser.

Public Review Period:
The public review starts Monday, 3 October 2011 and ends 18 October
2011. The specification was previously submitted for a 15-day public
review on 11 July 2011 [2]. This 15-day review is limited in scope to
changes made from the previous review.

Changes are highlighted in the diff-marked PDF file included in the package.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not,
for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its
technical work.

URIs:
The complete package of the prose specification document and related
files are available in the ZIP distribution file at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/43741/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd03.zip

Additional information about the specification and the OASIS Security
Services TC may be found at the TC's public home page located at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of
the OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be accessed via the button
labeled "Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home page, or
directly at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=security

Feedback submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work
of this TC is publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In
connection with this public review of SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile
Version 1.0, we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [3]
applicable especially [4] to the work of this technical committee. All
members of the TC should be familiar with this document, which may
create obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a
member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on
an approved OASIS specification. OASIS invites any persons who know of
any such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the
implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them may
be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Security Services TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

[2] Previous public review (11 July 2011 through 26 July 2011):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/201107/msg00008.html

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/ipr.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#types_obligations
RF on RAND Mode
Best Regards,

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393