Subject: [OAUTH-WG] New assertion drafts published

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:53:32 -0600

New versions of the three OAuth assertion related drafts have been
published. The documents are available in the usual locations:

Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-06

SAML 2.0 Bearer Assertion Profiles for OAuth 2.0
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-14

JSON Web Token (JWT) Bearer Token Profiles for OAuth 2.0
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-02

Text was added to the introduction of all three further explaining that an
assertion grant type can be used with or without client
authentication/identification and that client assertion authentication is
nothing more than an alternative way for a client to authenticate to the
token endpoint. Two new examples were added to each of the JWT and SAML
drafts. References were updated in all three.

Hopefully now draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-06 and
draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer-14 are ready to go to WGLC.

Thanks to Mike Jones for the preliminary review and updates/fixes.

Regards,
Brian Campbell