Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 6750 on The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: Bearer Token Usage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6750

        Title:      The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: 
                    Bearer Token Usage 
        Author:     M. Jones, D. Hardt
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 38949
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer-23.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6750.txt

This specification describes how to use bearer tokens in HTTP
requests to access OAuth 2.0 protected resources.  Any party in
possession of a bearer token (a "bearer") can use it to get access to
the associated resources (without demonstrating possession of a
cryptographic key).  To prevent misuse, bearer tokens need to be
protected from disclosure in storage and in transport.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC