Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:54:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : OAuth Dynamic Client Registration Protocol
	Author(s)       : Justin Richer
                          John Bradley
                          Michael B. Jones
                          Maciej Machulak
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-12-11

Abstract:
   This specification defines an endpoint and protocol for dynamic
   registration of OAuth Clients at an Authorization Server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:54:03 -0500

New edition of the dynamic registration spec, incorporating comments 
from the community. Key functional changes:

* client_register and client_update requests now return a JSON object of 
the full client
* operations on client_update now allow for three states: leave existing 
value, replace existing value, delete existing value
* clarified various bits of text throughout the document
* forgot to update the change log before uploading the draft ;)

So there's the rough consensus, and to supply working code, I'm working 
on a Java-based implementation of this now and hope to have it up this 
week as part of our Spring Security based OpenID Connect server: 
https://github.com/mitreid-connect/

  -- Justin

On 12/11/2012 02:54 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:33:11 -0500

One more change in there that I forget:

  * added "scope" and "grant_type" registration parameters to let 
clients tell the AS about their intended operations

And our implementation is now uploaded. You can see the actual 
processing endpoint code here:

https://github.com/mitreid-connect/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/blob/master/openid-connect-server/src/main/java/org/mitre/openid/connect/web/ClientDynamicRegistrationEndpoint.java

  -- Justin

On 12/11/2012 04:54 PM, Justin Richer wrote:
> * client_register and client_update requests now return a JSON object 
> of the full client
> * operations on client_update now allow for three states: leave 
> existing value, replace existing value, delete existing value
> So there's the rough consensus, and to supply working code, I'm 
> working on a Java-based implementation of this now and hope to have it 
> up this week as part of our Spring Security based OpenID Connect 
> server: https://github.com/mitreid-connect/
>
>  -- Justin
>